Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,253
Message 11 of 25

Re: 310-15ABR Laptop (ideapad) won't boot

Those settings are OK

Don't change anything, and either hit ESC and Exit discarding changes, or just hold the power button to shut down again.    Boot back up using the NOVO button, but instead of entering the BIOS, choose the boot menu, and then seledct the ATA hard drive and press enter.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,247
Message 12 of 25

If it still fails to boot up, then there may be a hardware issue.    I have heard of Ideapad going to a black screen when resuming from sleep, but a hard reset usually fixes that problem, so you may need to call lenovo support at 1-855-253-6686 and see if they can assist.

Kristofferson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,246
Message 13 of 25

Ok did that. Came up with a couple of messages on the opening Lenovo screen, disk check, repair something now I'm stuck on a black screen with a revolving circle of white dots near the bottom. It's been about 5 minutes with no change.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,245
Message 14 of 25

Be patient and let it do its thing, because if it is trying to do a repair, it may take a while.     

Kristofferson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,243
Message 15 of 25

Ok. Thank you very much for your assistance, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know if anything changes.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,242
Message 16 of 25

OK, good luck...

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,231
Message 17 of 25

Just an FYI

From what you describe, you may have a hard drive failing, so if you do get back into Windows, backup all of your critical data ASAP, and then call Lenovo support at 1-855-253-6686 to discuss your problem.

Take care,

Kristofferson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,226
Message 18 of 25

Thanks. Still no change, I'll just leave it doing it's thing.
If I can't get running again, are there options to recover the hard drive data if I take it to someone more knowledgeable?
I live on a little island in Thailand so am a bit limited with resources. There is one little computer shop . Would replacing the hdd be an option. Even if I lost all the data it wouldn't be so bad for me if it resulted in the laptop functioning again.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,209
Message 19 of 25

If it is still not working, I would shut it down and leave it alone until you can have it looked at.    Taking it to a computer shop may be your best option at this point, because they might be able to get your data off the existing hard drive intact, and then test the drive to make sure the hard drive is indeed the problem.  

If it is under warranty, you might be able to get Lenovo to send you a new drive, but if that is not an option, you could get a new drive locally, have it installed, and then see if Lenovo can at least provide you with the "recovery media" needed to reinstall everything back like it was when you first bought  the laptop.    

Obtaining Windows Install Media is not a problem;  you can download it from here, but it will not have all the Lenovo software that came pre-installed, so using the recovery media is usually a better option.

You may want the computer person to contact Lenovo in Thailand to see if they can help.

Contact Lenovo (Thailand)  

http://www3.lenovo.com/th/th/contact/

Best of luck,

Kristofferson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,204
Message 20 of 25

Thanks again. It is still under warranty. I emailed Lenovo Thailand earlier. I'll wait to hear back from them, then try the computer shop. And then practice patience and keep my fingers crossed. I'll update in a few days if anything gets resolved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors