Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klemc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 206
Message 1 of 27

320 15 ikb 80xl - pcie 3 ?

Hello, i'm French,

i can't understand if my specific "IdeaPad 320 IKB-15 80XL", number MTM is 80XL037LFE, i tried this on the Lenovo site ; has an M2 PCIe 3 slot to add an SSD to boot on Windows, thanks to answer me, i will not open my computer just to verify, please. Thanks.

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 175
Message 2 of 27

Re: 320 15 ikb 80xl - pcie 3 ?

It literally states "PCIe SSD" as an option on the product page, plus Lenovo Partslookup lists PCIe SSDs, in that case it requires a M2 slot. So yes, it has one.

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)
Klemc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 156
Message 3 of 27

YES !!!! !!!!!!!

I'm in a happy day now, thanks to you. Very much, i like Lenovo, Laptop are ready well installed without lot of stuff preinstalled.

Have good week !
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 150
Message 4 of 27

Wonderful! Did you already install, or at least order, an SSD? Which one would that be?

Pleasure to help, have a nice week too!

Klemc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 147
Message 5 of 27

If you understand French, there i ask about hardware.......

http://www.forumschoixpc.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132393&forum=4&start=0&1
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 141
Message 6 of 27

Well, I googled around a bit. Lenovos product page and technical specifications which you referred to on the other webpage actually claims that some models do have M.2 slots. The model tested on Notebookcheck.net (Core i5-7200U like you) does have a M.2 slot, which is B+M-keyed (although the model used in there actually is a 2280 SATA SSD). That means that you have to be going for an SSD with these keys.

Well, in your thread you also talked about the keying (which I just guessed because my French - quite frankly - sucks.). B-Key means SATA SSDs, M-Key means PCIe SSD, and B+M slots can be either, based on what your motherboard supports, or if it even has an M.2 slot at all, because despite the fact that their own webpage states "PCIe SSD", the service manual for the Ideapad 320-15IKB doesn't show an M.2 slot, so you'll actually have to open up that thing to find out. And then there's the real problem: M2.2242 SSDs are extremely rare, the only models I can think of are the Toshiba KBG3 SSD and their "consumer" variant OCZ RC100 and the Western Digital SN520, neither one can be found on Amazon.fr. If your laptop has a 2280 slot with small pins on each side of the slot (B+M key), I would go for a Western Digital SN500, in that case you know you'd have something reliable.

RAM: single-ranked or dual-ranked, in a laptop, doesn't make that much of a difference, usually only on AMD systems. Multi-ranked essentialy means that the chips on the stick are arranged in different memory areas, nothing more. It won't make a difference.

Klemc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 137
Message 7 of 27

There it's a good french forum to take advice, so, luckylly, in few days i'll receive my 8 go RAM,  i'll have to open my Laptop, will take snapshots, send it to you to watch by yourself, because i'm not in a big hurry now to buy the SSD, ihave RAM referenced on Crucial site adressing this model to Ideapad 320, so i took the same. Single ranked already something i viewed in year 2005, because i was buying for dual channel a second memory, my friend told me that if there is only one side it's because they are newer models, but it's not the same as ranked i under stood by reading, dual side is another thing, and i was buying for that. J'ai jamais autant parlé en anglais, watching movies in V.O was my good hoobie because actors talk English and are actors, but not speakers that work in studio....

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 134
Message 8 of 27

Yup, the only French thing I regularly listen to is Céline Dion, and I have, at best, basic understanding of the language, but speaking it or listening to actually spoken french Smiley Very Happy? Nah, doesn't work for me.

Well, I would be interested in seeing your laptop open to see if you have a model with a M.2 slot as there are really conflicting informations from Lenovo itself. But, just some advice: Want proper dual channel experience? Choose sticks of the same size, same speed, and at best the same exact model. Mixing 4 gigs with 8 is a little weird in my opinion, though it would most likely work.

And yes, the rank and side are not the same. Rank just refers to the way the RAM module presents the chips presents itself to the memory controller, while the side refers to whether the chips are all located on one side or put on both sides of the module.

Klemc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 131
Message 9 of 27

Malgaches are every day listening her in streets at home bar gsm everywhere, i'm in Reunion an d had to go often in town of Majunga in west Madagascar.
Reunionnais(es) are their "parents". C.D is multilingual in records as well !

I've a Galaxy A2 core to say, i'll shoot all angles to be sure. I was thinking just one RAM was possible to case in, so resell the 4 go, will see.

From time i learned possible to add a SSD i was happy and started to wanna boost my first "real computer" from 10 years now, an N3540 (good celeron, 50-10 Lenovo) and Atom x5 are not pleasant.
I hate optical drives, will eject one from my new Ideapad and replace with SSD 2.5, but i don't know what's better to boot and use windows, the 2280 or the 2.5 (placed in optical case). Not too quickly, before the photos, after i must understand in what ordeer to proceed because with 2 SSD i must have good reflexion before.

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 129
Message 10 of 27

As your boot drive, you would want the fastest drive possible, in that case the M2 PCIe SSD. The secondary SSD can be cheaper and offer more capacity and serve as storage for your applications, media or whatever.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors