Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidAnana
Paper Tape
Views: 14,562
Message 1 of 9

320-15IKB USB Type-C to HDMI not working

I have a brand new ideapad 320 with USB type-c.  I bought a USB type-c to HDMI adapter but it does not work.  Windows 10 gives an error saying "Display Connection May Be Limited."  It looks like Windows needs a driver for this USB type-c to HDMI functionality.  

1) Do I need a driver for a USB type-c to HDMI adapter?

2) Where can I find a driver that works on the Lenovo ideapad 320-15IKB?

Many thanks

Smilomason
What's DOS?
Views: 14,489
Message 2 of 9

Re: 320-15IKB USB Type-C to HDMI not working

I have the same issue with a brand new Lenovo Ideapad 320s - using a Lenovo USB-C travel Hub.

I have no ethernet, HDMI or USB functionality on from the Hub. Perhaps a driver is missing from the USB C port itself? 

I have already tried the Lenovo USB-C Travel hub driver, dated 21st December '7 from here:

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/acc100350

Anyone have a fix?

Highlighted
DavidAnana
Paper Tape
Views: 14,487
Message 3 of 9

After zero help from Lenovo, a shop assistant explained to me that the Lenovo ideapad 320 has a USB Type-C 3.1 port which does not support the HDMI adapter.  Apparently there is a USB Type-C Thunderbold port which will support a HDMI adapter.  So I was forced to buy a USB-3.0 to HDMI adapter to add a second external monitor.  Love the computer but very disappointed with the total lack of any support from Lenovo. 

JL17
Paper Tape
Views: 13,272
Message 4 of 9

I have a MIIX 320, so you are saying that the USB-C, using any USB-C to HDMI converter, will not work no matter what, and that I should get a regular USB-HDMI converter? Thanks for the clarification.

Adil_Pastakia
What's DOS?
Views: 13,126
Message 5 of 9

I have bought a brand new Ideapad 320 S 114k with a USB-C (3.1 Gen1)  connector and a new ThinkVision Monitor p24h-10 . I cannot get the USB-C port to work in any form of combination between the two Lenovo Products. I have an apple USB-C HDMI adpter and ran sopme tests. This is what I have tried....

320s --> USB-C--> Monitor p24h-10 USB-C Port Lenovo USB-C Cable - does not work

320s --> USB-C--> Monitor p24h-10 USB-C Port Apple USB-C  Cable - does not work 

320s --> USB-C--> USB-C / HDMI Converter -->Monitor p24h-10 HDMI 1 Port  HDMI Cable - does not work

320s --> HDMI  --> HDMI / USB-C Converter -->Monitor p24h-10 USB-C  Port Lenovo USB-C Cable - does not work

320s --> HDMI--> Monitor p24h-10 HDMI 1 Port works OK

Apple MacBook Pro --> USB-C Port --> Monitor p24h-10 USB-C Port Thunderbolt 3 Cable - works OK

Apple MacBook Pro --> USB-C / HDMI Converter --> Monitor p24h-10 HDMI 1 Port  HDMI Cable -works OK

Worrying fact that Lenovo have just taken the P24h-10 off their website - cannot seem to find it for sale? It seems to work perfectly for Macs with the right USB3 - Cable - note the one supplied with mac did not work i had to use a thunderbolt three cable attached to a thunderbolt 3 external drive for this test.

Just gettuing Lenovo laptop  to talk to Lenovo screen is the issue - any suggestions how i can make use of the USBC Port  on the laptop ? I was hoping for a single connection from monitor that will work for screen and power laptop am I asking too much of Lenovo as it works beautifully for apple?

Regards

Adil

DavidAnana
Paper Tape
Views: 13,122
Message 6 of 9

Ya, I could not get any "USB Type-C to Hdmi" converter to work on the ideapad 320. 

Solution was to forget about the "USB Type-C" port, and buy a "USB3 to Hdmi" converter, which was another $80.  That allowed me to add another screen.

Adil_Pastakia
What's DOS?
Views: 13,110
Message 7 of 9

I bought the laptop because of USB-C capability

RS7711
Paper Tape
Views: 10,756
Message 8 of 9

Hi David, just to confirm...

You were able to connect two displays to your 320s, one using the hdmi and the other using the usb 3 (via the converter)?

Do you have full functionality i.e. extendable display across two monitors, not just a duplicated display?

Thanks,

Robert

DavidAnana
Paper Tape
Views: 10,703
Message 9 of 9

Hi Robert,

That is correct, I was able to connect 2 external monitors, one with the Hdmi port, and the other with a USB3-Hdmi adaptor.

I do have full functionality, I can extend the desktop across the 2 external monitors and the built in monitor.

Good luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors