Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabis1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 716
Message 1 of 5

320S-15IKB won't return from sleep mode

I have 320S-15IKB from the new Intel's 8th generation that I bought a week ago, this machine is really great but there is one thing that annoys me, 

when PC gets into sleep mode, it won't return, the screen stays black, button button stocks blinking and there is no response from the keyboard, but it happens 60% of the times that it gets into sleep mode.

I literally tried doing everything, I updated the BIOS to latest version, updated GPU driver, intel chipset and management, updated windows10 to the latest build and updates, reinstalled GPU driver a couple times.

I've also changed OS power settings to disable automatic sleep, and turning off display manually,

I have Linux disturbution along with windows 10, and it seems to happen also on the Linux OS.

I don't know what to do already, it's driving me crazy, everytime it happens I have to force shut down the unit and it's just decreasing the lifespan of my laptop.

I'll be greatful for who will find a solution.

gabis1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 711
Message 2 of 5

Re: 320S-15IKB won't return from sleep mode

One thing that I forgot to note, I'm not using the NVIDIA GPU that comes with it, currently GPU set to UMA Graphics in BIOS.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 686
Message 3 of 5

When in the black screen state, what happens if you press the Windows, CTRL, SHIFT and B keys simultatneously, does your laptop beep and the screen turn on?

gabis1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 4 of 5

No, it does nothing.
Thing is that it not occurs every time that it returns from sleep mode, but 60-70% of the times after sleep mode.

Any solution anyone?
gabis1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 608
Message 5 of 5

?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors