Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misterh930
What's DOS?
Views: 359
Message 1 of 3

510S-14ISK Laptop - Very strange 'squares' on the screen

Hi -  I hope someone can help to identify what the issue is here, please?

Bought a 510s-14 laptop back in June and and been using it fine until a few weeks back. When using the browser (Google Chrome), these 'squares' as can be seen from the photos below come up on the screen. I then have to shut the browser down and open it up again and it seems fine until it randomly happens again the same day or two days later. There is no pattern and I'm not doing anything in particular when it happens.

Run the Lenovo diagnostic tool, which found nothing and everything is upto date on the machine.

Any ideas, please?

IMG_3737.JPG

IMG_3734.JPG

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 346
Message 2 of 3

Re: 510S-14ISK Laptop - Very strange 'squares' on the screen

That may be a glitch in Chrome from a few years back resurfacing that involved using the GPU for its 2D Canvas rendering, which is enabled by default.

The first thing I would do is go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/hu/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/500-series/510s-14isk/80tk/download..., and install the latest "display drivers and Video Graphics" drivers for your system if not already installed, because updated drivers may resolve the problem. 

If not, you can open Chrome, and in the address bar type or paste:  chrome://flags/   which will open a page with some of Chrome's experimental features, locate Accelerated 2D canvas (should be 3rd one down) and click the Disable button below it.

Best of luck,

misterh930
What's DOS?
Views: 284
Message 3 of 3

Re: 510S-14ISK Laptop - Very strange 'squares' on the screen

Thanks alot, will try this later on today.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors