Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahmoudramadans
What's DOS?
Views: 190
Message 1 of 4

520-15IKB (Type 81BF) Laptop (ideapad) elects me

Is it normal for the computer to be electrified in these species?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 165
Message 2 of 4

Re: 520-15IKB (Type 81BF) Laptop (ideapad) elects me

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having.  I am not an owner of your model nor am I familiar with the issue being experienced.  A little more detail regarding the problem would be helpful.  Are you receiving an electrical shock from the palm rest, touchpad, etc?  Your image does not quite show the area of the laptop you are testing.   If you are receiving a electrical shock from your system then I would recommend you discontinue use until you contact Lenovo Support.

Lenovo Support - Egypt

Primary: 0800-0000-850
Secondary: 0800-0000-744
English,Arabic
9:00 - 18:00 Sunday - Thursday

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 154
Message 3 of 4

Hello and welcome to the Community,

What is the full model number of your system please?  It should be 81BF??????  Also could you let us know whether or not you have the AC adapter plugged into the wall socket or into an multi socket adapter cable and whether or not  a surge protector is being used.  Are you using the original power adapter, I presume so, but need to know and does it have a two or three pin socket for the power cable which pluds into it and is the power cable a two or three pin cable.  We would also be interested to know the brand of the testing screwdriver you have used.

Sometimes, depending on the building's wiring and other factors false positives can produce the sysmptoms you describe; there are several threads in the forums on this.  But, we need to be on the safe side, please take the precautions as suggested by Majestic above.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

sgizmo
Punch Card
Views: 133
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem.. All metal body is electrified.. its not nice to touch..  I feel electric vibration..

Top Kudoed Authors