Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vorta
Paper Tape
Views: 427
Message 1 of 4

700-15ISK ethernet adapter hanging

Hello!

I'm having a problem with my ethernet adapter occasionally stopping working. It works normally for weeks and then starts making problems and disconnects. Once it dies I cannot get it to connect no matter what I do.

When this happens, in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections I can see the adapter saying "No Internet Connection". If I unplug the cable, it detects that the cable is unplugged. Plugging the cable back in results in it trying to identify network unsuccessfully until it finally shows no connection again.

When this happens I just connect to the same router using WiFi and I can browse normally again. So it is definitely not the internet connecton, it's the laptop. I've tried different cables as well. The same result.

Device name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_004717AA&REV_15
Driver Version: 10.3.723.2015

I've tried disabling and reenabling the device, I've tried reinstalling the drivers. Nothing changed this behavior. Does anybody have a suggestion what to do about this?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 423
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad T700 ethernet adapter hanging

What is T700?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Vorta
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 3 of 4

Re: 700-15ISK ethernet adapter hanging

Oops, my bad. Completely missed the subforum. The laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 700-15ISK. Which Board is for that one? I can see boardrs for all series but ideapad 700.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 347
Message 4 of 4

Re: 700-15ISK ethernet adapter hanging

Moderator comment: Thread moved to proper forum.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors