Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djukica
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 1 of 6

700-15ISK windows installation

Hi there,

I've bought an Ideapad 700-15isk with 1TB hdd and added a 240GB SSD to it.

The laptop came with FreeDos installed and now I'm traying to install Windows 7.

I've tried with bootable CD (via external DVD drive) and bootable USB both times with the same error "A required CD/DVD drive device driver id missing. Etc...." The error appears after I press the Install button on the Windows installation welcome screen.

Tried searching online and found a few suggestions that I should try replugging the USB but had no luck with that.

I presume that the problem is with the laptop not recognizing the USB devices!?

Anybody has any advice?

Thank you very much.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 435
Message 2 of 6

Re: 700-15ISK windows installation

Hello and welcome,

It sounds like the usual lack of USB 3.0 drivers in the install media.

I think your laptop has a USB 2.0 port.  Have you tried plugging in your media there?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

djukica
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 3 of 6

It has 3 usb ports...tried with all of them with no luck.

Tried with different flash drives too.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 422
Message 4 of 6

@djukica wrote:

It has 3 usb ports...tried with all of them with no luck.

Tried with different flash drives too.

Sorry, I was going by the PSREF document:  http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Laptops/ideapad%20700%20(15%20inch)/ideapad_700_15I...

If it's the USB 3.0 problem you'll need to add the drivers to the install media.  Intel has a tool that can help with that:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

djukica
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your advice.

Downloaded the tool, followed the instructions but unfortunatelly still getting the same error!

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 389
Message 6 of 6

@djukica wrote:

Downloaded the tool, followed the instructions but unfortunatelly still getting the same error!

If you are trying to install Windows 7 on the SSD, you will need to add the Samsung NVMe drivers to the install medium (in addition to the USB drivers that you have already added).  Windows 10 has Microsoft NVMe drivers built-in, but Windows 7 does not, so you will need to use the Samsung ones.

I think that this site has a support package called "wkssd02ws14" that contains these drivers for some other Lenovo laptop, but they work OK for the 700-15ISK.  Alternatively, look on the Samsung web site for the drivers.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors