Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riandrea18
Blue Screen Again
Views: 508
Message 1 of 2

710S-13ISK: BIOS update 0NCN41WW and AHCI support

Hello,

About a year ago I installed BIOS 0NCN27S2 (2016-10-27) on my 710S-13ISK in order to enable the AHCI support for a dual boot Ubuntu + Windows 10.

This week I was notified about the availability of a BIOS update that addresses some security issues (0NCN41WW, 2018-04-11), but I can't find anywhere if it has the AHCI functionality I need.

I had a chat session with Lenovo support, but the technician said that he didn't know either (...), and he suggested to ask here on the Forum.

Can anyone help me sorting this out?

Thank you in advance!

gaaf
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 2 of 2

Re: 710S-13ISK: BIOS update 0NCN41WW and AHCI support

Unfortunately, Lenovo doesn't publish a changelog for BIOS versions nor older versions of the BIOS.

Here I found someone who updated a 710S-13IKB to a newer BIOS and the text suggests the AHCI option is still there. The BIOS version in his screenshot fixes the same MITRE vulnerabilities as those mentioned on the latest 710S-13ISK BIOS. That does give hope the new 13ISK BIOS also has the AHCI options, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

I guess you just have to try and if it fails, revert to the "Linux only" version. Oh, don't forget to report your experience here Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors