Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 166
Message 11 of 21

Re: About WLAN supported adapters for S340-15API series

What do you even mean with "not working"? Did you try them or what? 

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)
Dstone
Punch Card
Views: 154
Message 12 of 21

You then carefully read a topic? I already wrote earlier that 9560 from another of my laptop was not detected in my S340.

Based on the available data on the 100% working of 9260 in T495 and T495s and on the basis of the feedback from another S340-15API buyer on the same forum that 9260 was not detected in his S340, I come to the logical conclusion that the problem is exclusively in the whitelist from Lenovo. So, in the direct opposition Lenovo's marketers, for buyers of the cheap S340 series with Ryzens, so that they could not even try install high-quality components from Intel into a cheap series with AMD hardware. Everything is clear and clear. And it's disgusting...

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 141
Message 13 of 21

Considering thee system will fail to boot entirely with the whitelisting in action, I really doubt that it is that. My device is mid-end at best and it still works, so the chances that you got a CNVi card or a defective one are not that low. You should have gone with a 9260 that isn't a CNVi module. I would recommend reading Intels link to that

https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networkin...

Especially the part that reads "These CRFs can only be used in certain Intel CPU/Chipset systems that are designed for it". Guess what, the 9560 is listed. Just because it works everywhere else doesn't mean it works in your laptop. And I am certain that it has nothing to do with a whitelist, because the system would fail entirely after it detected an unsupported card. Just not working is typical for a CNVi module.

Dstone
Punch Card
Views: 132
Message 14 of 21

so the chances that you got a CNVi card or a defective one are not that low.

9560NGW perfectly work in my another laptop and was installed there at the factory.

These Intel® Wireless Adapters are Kev modules that support Intel® Integrated Connectivity:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
     Intel® Wireless AC 9560
     Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
     Intel® Wireless-AC 9461

These CRFs may only be used with certain Intel processors / chipset on systems / motherboards designed specifically for this purpose.

Intel 9462NGW declared Lenovo as compatible with S340-15API (81NCxxxxxx).

Intel 1x1 wlan working with Ryzen.JPG

In fact, Intel is lying by writing such a text, at your link. I would have understood if the following had been written there - fully autonomous modules can work both in CNVi mode and without it, but at the end of this text from Intel the possibility of working 9462 on a non-Intel platform is denied! And this is immediately refuted by the availability of workable modules with the same name in S340 (9462NGW) and T495 (s) (9260NGW).

How do they work there, if they are only in the CNVi variant? Therefore, the cited text is nonsense or pulled out of some context.

And the presence of 9260 and 9560 modules on aliexpress without CNVI support refutes this Intel claim and your false reference.

You are constantly writing what are the wrong assumptions that should already be excluded by you based on already existing data from me in this discussion.

------------------------

In addition to the whitelist, there are no more variants to left. Lenovo representatives do not enter into the discussion, which is also characteristic. And users continue to suffer with defective architectural network cards from Atheros and Realtek (2x2), despite the fact that the better decisions from Intel - 9260NGW, 9560NGW and AX200 are 100% compatible with AMD motherboards, which proves by worked 9462NGW in the S340-15API list of compability and that proves by 9260NGW used in T495 and T495s, which exclude any presence of CNVi parts on AMD hardware and your link does not prove anything other than obvious delusions from Intel.

This is the second time I’m asking a key question - how to distinguish "A Companion RF (KEV) module in M. 2 form factor (2230 and 1216 soldered)" that works only with CNVi part of Intel chipsets and a completely autonomous solution that works on any chipsets and Intel and AMD, what follows from the presence of 9462NGW in the compatibility list S340-15API?

Where can I see the differences between 9462NGW in the CNVI version and without it, as on photo from Lenovo support site, a fully-fledged solution?

And also similarly - аccording to the data on the label, I can determine that my 9560NGW in my other laptop is installed as "A Companion RF (KEV) module in M. 2 form factor (2230 and 1216 soldered)", and not a full-fledged module and did not work in my S340, simply because it’s not whitelisted by Lenovo for this series with AMD?

This question can only be solved by an official representative of Lenovo, but persons is not even trying to participate here...

Dstone
Punch Card
Views: 103
Message 15 of 21

Someone from Lenovo's official support will finally answer which version of the 9650NGW or AX200 I need to look for in stores and buy? I do not want to put Realtek 2x2 from the compatibility list, because It is buggy and there is no manual control of the transmitter power.

I am absolutely sure, based on the data already studied, that the 9650NGW and AX200 are fully operational on AMD motherboards, the question is whether to choose the correct version of these adapters or confirm that they are not in the whitelist in the BIOS. If the second, why does technical support not give me a clear answer? And why is there no normal BIOS with a whitelisted 9260,9560 and AX200 for S340 with Ryzens?
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 93
Message 16 of 21

To assume that you are correct is pretty arrogant, if you ask me. The support will not answer to such requests, and it is pretty naive to expect answers to such know-it-all questions. Take the AX200 or 9260 because there are no CNVi versions of these. CNVi are the 9461, 9462, 9560 and AX201. But I'm with you about the bad Realtek WiFi adapters, these are basically good for nothing and cause more trouble than one might expect.

Dstone
Punch Card
Views: 83
Message 17 of 21

Take the AX200 or 9260 because there are no CNVi versions of these. CNVi are the 9461, 9462, 9560 and AX201.

Firstly, 9462NGW is declared as compatible with S340-15API (81NCxxxxxx), which means that it exists 100% either in the full version without CNVi or just that the usual hybrid version (work everywhere) is simply in the whitelist of BIOS for S340-15API(81NCxxxxxx). I have already written about this several times, with direct evidence from support.lenovo.com. Are you able to understand what I wrote earlier?

Second - nother buyer on this forum already clearly wrote that the 9260NGW did not work in the S340-15API, which proves that there are either two versions of the 9260 with CNVi and a fully autonomous, rather than CRF module that requires a CNVI part on the motherboard chipset, or it also as I have in S340-15API, the adapter wasn’t identified for the trivial reason - it is outside the BIOS whitelist.

And to get a clear answer, I need a consultation from Lenovo's official tech support, but she is silent like a fish already what day, although representatives are on the forum, i.e. they carefully circumvent this topic as exactly the same in the section on the S series.

Not only that, I was asked a number of technical questions on other obvious problems of the S340 series, including obvious inconsistencies in the user manual (and declared technical specifications, including marketing ones), but no answer was received either.

Also, despite the direct technical support questions sent to their mail 1.5 months ago, I still haven’t received a single sane technical answer, although my questions hang on my serial number in escalation mode.

Is this a normal situation for good business on a global scale?

This silence suggests some unpleasant conclusions for Lenovo as a company. Those who want transparency, a good reputation, decency in doing business with customers will not pretend that they do not notice the questions of the buyers of their products, they will answer them clearly and technically.
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 78
Message 18 of 21

It is listed as "equivalent", not "compatible". These are two different things. That card is listed because it might work. You can always look up the FRU# and buy that instead, although that will be fairly pricy. For exactly that reason I bought the AX200 instead of the 9462, because that was also on my buyers list. What I would also recommend to you is the 8265, because that is known-good and reliable.

Dstone
Punch Card
Views: 74
Message 19 of 21

It is listed as "equivalent", not "compatible".

It is clearly and clearly written as an official substitution as defined by “substitute” on Lenovo's website. substitute equal compatible is 100%. At least in the version wlan adapters indicated on the lenovo's site, for which there are 5 photos with all numbers and articles, including the article of Lenovo, not Intel.

What I would also recommend to you is the 8265, because that is known-good and reliable.

I will buy nothing and waste my money until I get an official answer from Lenovo, which models and in which version wlan adapters from Intel  will work in my laptop and, in general, in the 81NCxxxxxx series. Because the goal of my publication is to pay attention to inadequate technical support from Lenovo and ensure not only yourself, but also all other customers a painless, financially and loss of personal time, replacement of the wlan adater with normal 2x2 from Intel for versions with Ryzen. Because the price of these decisions is cheap. And as the situation with the T495 (s) showed, Lenovo had no technical problem and problem in terms of the cost of putting even the AX200 there at once, not even the 9260NGW as in the T series. AX200 costs $15 in stores, QCA9377 retail price is $7-10.

p.s.

I am very saddened by this attitude of Lenovo towards its customers, and I am its long-time client, the owner of the Thinkpad T series and the owner of their monitor.
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 65
Message 20 of 21

You do realise that you will never get an answer from Lenovo since you are not having a ThinkPad device? ThinkPads are known to be officially upgradeable. The WiFi adapter is not even listed as CRU so it is not upgradeable as per Lenovos terms. What makes you think that this has anything to do with bad customer support? It isn't. You wouldn't get responses from any manufacturer regarding unofficial upgrades.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors