Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jujubean67
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 1 of 5

Active Windows become Inactive in the Middle of typing

Good morning,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320, and within the past week, I have noticed that while I am typing (either in Word or Internet), my words will stop appearing and it is because my window has become inactive. I will have to click the area of where I am typing to active the current window and continue typing. Even now, it has done it twice. 

At first, I thought I was accidently pressing the touchpad with my thumb or other part of my hand; however, these past several days I have been conscience of that fact and have not done it, yet it still becomes in active. While being aware of this matter, I have watched the indication of the active window - and like just now, my Microsoft Edge icon will blink - removing the indication that it is active. 

While typing this message, my Microsoft Edge has become inactive four (4) times. It is become very frustrating, and I don't know what has caused this ~ as I have not downloaded any new programs. 

I have read on a Google search that this has happened to other people, but was unsuccesful in my search for this particular laptop. I have only had this since March, and again this is a new problem that has only started recently. Any help or suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Joyce

SeniorGuru
Views: 229
Message 2 of 5

Re: Active Windows become Inactive in the Middle of typing

It sounds like a background application is interfering with the applications running in the foreground. Do you have any software (antivirus, bug cleaners, etc...) running in the lower right system tray?

I would also try using an external keyboard, mouse (Logitech makes affordable usb wireless "kits") to see if that makes a difference - just save your receipt and return it if not needed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
jujubean67
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 3 of 5

Thank you so much for your reply. The only thing I have running is my Norton in that system tray.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 212
Message 4 of 5

Hi jujubean67,

You mentioned Norton. Is Norton doing a scan or updating at the time?

On your  Lenovo Ideapad 320 have you installed a Windows Feature update or any other update?

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

jujubean67
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much for your question. Regarding my Norton - no, it is not completing any updates for viruses or anything of the matter. However, regarding your other question...i have noticed during the past several days that when I click to shut down my computer, I have constantly seen "Update and Shut Down" - even though I have completed this action countless times. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors