Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pappydan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 2

Adding HDD to Lenovo 330 S 15ARR

The 330 S that I bought in a crunch only has a 128gb M2 SSD. I am wanting to leave that as is  for my boot drive and add a additional SSDHDD. I would like to know, before I take the back off, is the HDD frame/mount in place or will I need to order the frame from Lenovo before I go ahead with the install. Also will the BIOS automatically recognize the new HDD? I have tried to use Lenovo Chat support to get answers to this and they do not seem to understand my questions......Thanx in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,036
Message 2 of 2

Re: Adding HDD to Lenovo 330 S 15ARR

Hi pappydan,

Checking the storage specifications on page 27 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual it shows 2.5-inch, 7 mm SATA II up to 2 TB HDD. The HDD bracket is purchased separately. The certified HDD bracket part number is 5B40R07643 which can also be found on page 72 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual. Once you add the HDD, the BIOS should automatically recognize it.

You can watch the videos on Parts Removal and Replacement here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505031 (look for 330s under the IdeaPad tab).

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors