Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NB22
Paper Tape
Views: 70
Message 1 of 3

Audioport doesn't pick up microphone unless pressed upon

Hi all,

Since a few days, my audioport doesn't pick up my microphone unless I put pressure on the cable from the top down. I had a similar issue with my other headset, which led me to buy a new pair. But now that the same issue occurs, I really believe it's the port.

It doesn't pick up my input/microphone, but has no issue with the output/playing audio. 

My warranty ends in a week but I also have university deadlines in which my laptop and its programs are crucial, so I am looking for any tips on how to resolve this without losing my laptop, as I don't believe receiving a temporary replacement laptop is an option. Is there anything I can do to fix my audioport by myself?

As for a very temporary and makeshift solution, is it very damaging to place a small object on the jack to get the pressure needed for the port to pick up my input?

Thank you in advance,

N

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 40
Message 2 of 3

Re: Audioport doesn't pick up microphone unless pressed upon

Hi NB22,

Welcome to our community forums.

Based on the details you've mentioned this is a hardware related issue. The audio port has been loose. Could you tell us the exact model of your laptop so we can check your options? Also, we'd like to verify your location. Are you in Netherlands?

Keep us posted.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

NB22
Paper Tape
Views: 32
Message 3 of 3

Re: Audioport doesn't pick up microphone unless pressed upon

Hi Ashley,

The model I'm using is the 510-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80SR, serial number ######## and the machine type model is 80SR0089MH. I am in the Netherlands, that is correct!

Kind regards,

N

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors