Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 17,687
Message 1 of 53

BIG PROBLEM WITH FLEX 3 1570 Won't wake up from sleep mode

Over the last 3 weeks my Flex 3 has slept for 2 of them. It goes into a sleep mode and won't wake up. I am running Win 10 and have even turned off sleep mode. Did that after the first week of watching the power light blink til the battery died. It is hard to run a buisness when you can't put get to you accountng software to do billing. Does anybody have any answers. This thing is only a few months old. And overall so far its only about a 4 out of 10. Help Help Help. Find a fix Please.

Anders 

mcme
What's DOS?
Views: 17,238
Message 2 of 53

Re: BIG PROBLEM WITH FLEX 3 1570 Won't wake up from sleep mode

I am having the same problem but on win 8. Had to wait until battery died out then it will turn back on. My laptop is only 2 days old! Not happy at all!
redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 17,229
Message 3 of 53

According to the gigantic brains at Lenovo, there is a cure. But those Gigantic Brains hung up on my and didn't give me the answer. No email, no follow up phone call, no attempt to call me back. And obviously they don't check there forums. My computer did it again yesterday. Now it's a 6 day wait. The awesome thing about the Gigantic Brains is that he wanted me to turn on my computer so he could run me thru the fix. I was so annoyed by the Special Support I was getting that I didn't call back.
redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 17,147
Message 4 of 53

Was just able to restart my computer from its last freeze up. It has been 15 days, thank you again for the lack of support Lenovo.
redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 17,141
Message 5 of 53

Just try to use the THINKVANAGE, thought it would find the update. It told me I had a Win 10 Bios update. Ran that, and of course. It wouldn't even finish. As soon as it tried to run Bios Update it said there was a power problem.

Any help out there please, This POS is costing me money, I haven't been able to bill for 2 weeks and now I have missed making my Tax deposit for the state sales tax for the third time. That will lead to another fine from the State, Thanks for that Lenovo, 4 months now and no help.

redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 17,076
Message 6 of 53

Bios updates didn't fix the problem. Anybody out there solve this problem. I just locked up again. Help, any ideas. LENOVO got any solutions?
ArmanOhanian
Paper Tape
Views: 16,895
Message 7 of 53

The lack of response from Lenovo is disturbing.

I bought mine at Costco and did seem like the better choice they had.

This whole think feels like a failing hardware, not setting issues.

I am considering returning this laptop, but before I do, I'd like to check if somehow this issue was resolved for others.

redrocket23
Paper Tape
Views: 16,885
Message 8 of 53

I have changed my setting so that it never sleeps but Hibernates instead. Not a cure but has kept the problem from occuring. Change all the setting, not just when you close the lid. It's not too much of a hassle to push the power button to boot up. It's almost as fast as waking up.

Anders
ArmanOhanian
Paper Tape
Views: 16,865
Message 9 of 53

My laptop is FLEX3 1580, but the below solution seems to have worked so far:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ratings/ratingdetailpage/message-uid/2198627/rating-system/forum_soluti...

Basically, updated the display drivers.

JoseInCary
What's DOS?
Views: 16,614
Message 10 of 53

To Get the correct Graphics Driver from Intel Support:

1. Right-click mouse on screen background and select Graphic Properties to bring up Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

2. Click on Options and Support. Then on the left-hand panel click on Support.

3. Click on Download latest Intel Graphics Driver.

4. On the Welcome To Support page, Click on Download Drivers and Software.

5. Click on Automatically update your drivers. This will download Intel's Update Utility.

6. After downloading the Utility, run it to scan your PC and it will determine which drivers have new versions available.  You then have the option of downloading the new drivers and installing them. Installing the new Graphics driver will solve the "Unable to wake from Sleep Problem."

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors