Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian737
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 1 of 4

BIOS Downgrade Lenovo Ideapad 530S-14ARR

Hello! 

I am having issues with my laptop throttling extremely much and not booting if turned off under 21%. I'm currently running 8PCN55WW (bios version) and have heard that downgrading to 8PCN50WW fixes these problems. 

What's an easy way to downgrade BIOS to that version? I've found it available for download on a website. 

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 106
Message 2 of 4

Re: BIOS Downgrade Lenovo Ideapad 530S-14ARR

Hi,

I don't recommend downloading or installing stuff from "a website".  You can get the version you're looking for by using the SUPPORT link above, copying the 55WW BIOS exe link and modifying it to get to the 50 version.

I don't usually recommend that either but at least it comes from a known source.

good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Sebastian737
Fanfold Paper
Views: 51
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I can't find the BIOS version anywhere in the support section.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 43
Message 4 of 4

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/500-series/530s-14arr/downloads/dri...

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors