cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 827
Message 1 of 3

Battery Drain after updating to Windows 10 ver. 1703 (15063.332) - Ideapad 310-15ikb

Hi!

Anyone experiences this? I have tried all possible fix for this that I can find. And it looks like this update, maybe feature rich but not exactly battery-friendly.

Any possible fix for this?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 781
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery Drain after updating to Windows 10 ver. 1703 (15063.332) - Ideapad 310-15ikb

@Paolonicus wrote:

Anyone experiences this? I have tried all possible fix for this that I can find. And it looks like this update, maybe feature rich but not exactly battery-friendly.   Any possible fix for this?

It is probable that the 1703 update has re-enabled Fast Start.  (I have not received 1703 yet, so I don't know for certain.)

Remember that Fast Start means that when you shut down your laptop, it is not shutting down at all.  What it is actually doing is hibernating.  A hibernating computer can wake up in the middle of the night to do whatever it wants (download updates, install updates, defragment the drive, index the drive, perform other housekeeping).  If these activities are occurring, they will obviously be draining your battery.

Use Bing or Google to find the instructions for disabling Fast Start, and then disable Fast Start.  In future, when you have finished using your laptop, ensure that you use shutdown; don't use sleep or hibernation.  If that solves your problem, you will know that the cause was Fast Start.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 704
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery Drain after updating to Windows 10 ver. 1703 (15063.332) - Ideapad 310-15ikb

I have already disabled Fast Start but the issue remains. Good thing I have Acronis Backup, and tested different Windows 10 version. Looks like  ver.1703 is the culprit. Hopes Microsoft releases an update concerning this issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors