Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Titor1704
What's DOS?
Views: 2,698
Message 11 of 27

Re: Battery Not Charging on Flex 3

I'm having this same issue, I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and many other threads. New battery, new adapter, system restore, reset, all of the variations of, on/off plug in/take out battery, no luck. How can this happen? please help. I need to be able to take my laptop with me places everyday.

NHaber04
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,675
Message 12 of 27

I know, this is ridiculous. I used this laptop for school but now I can't even use it in classes where I need a laptop. 

Highlighted
tripledave
Punch Card
Views: 2,646
Message 13 of 27

UPDATE: for some random reason my laptop started charing again, but it is not stuck at 44 percent.

NHaber04
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,639
Message 14 of 27

Did you plug it in at a certain time or something? Like after startup once the desktop has loaded?

tripledave
Punch Card
Views: 2,611
Message 15 of 27

No for some random reason it started charging again, however; the problem has started again. I started at 44% now I am at 37%. The fact that the battery randomly started charging for a while proves that nothing is wrong with the battery.

abraham_hyre
Paper Tape
Views: 2,524
Message 16 of 27

I've tried all of the possible solutions suggested here on my Flex 3 1480. No luck. Invested in a new charger and a new battery. Risked applying the Bios update (bad documentation by Lenovo as they list D3CN35WW on the Flex 3 support page, but when you run the bios update it warns you 2 times it is valid for other machines only) - anyway that flashed successfully but no improvement.

This problem happened seemingly overnight, and is apparently effecting a lot of customers. It seems it is either a hardware failure on the motherboard, or a software issue. LENOVO, are you even reading these? 

aaalvarez
What's DOS?
Views: 2,450
Message 17 of 27

I think we may have a cause for products liability.  It would appear that all of a sudden, we are all experiencing the same problem.  There could be a design defect here.  There could also be breach of implied warranty of merchantibility. Given that we all paid hard earned money to buy this laptop thinking it could serve us for a while, a little help to fix the problem would not be too much to ask.

aaalvarez
What's DOS?
Views: 2,450
Message 18 of 27

Re: Flex 3 - Plugged in, charging. Yet it is not charging

Nothing

redbrokenlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 19 of 27

Re: Flex 3 - Plugged in, charging. Yet it is not charging

I also have this problem too. It appears after all the reviewing on many forums, you tube, etc. It's a motherboard defect. The chip appears to go out after year and a half. So far the closet solution, that I have found is the following. 

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/slusb45b/slusb45b.pdf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252797682493

I found the info in this forum, under another discussion. 

wesrdtfyhukij7y
What's DOS?
Views: 1,971
Message 20 of 27

Same issue. All of the sudden the charge is not going past 29%. Was able to get up to that from around 4%, but leaving it pwoered off over night on a new charger and stilll no charge, actually went down a percent. Battery app says it is fine, but cannot charge. I tried the BIOS update to D3CN35WW, and it started  happening around that time. It is either a motherboard issue or crap BIOS that I cannot roll back because I cannot find anything for support online. Lenovo has lost a customer for this one. 

Tried and failed fixes:

BIOS update

Reset Windows

Driver updates (all offered)

ACPI Driver

Intel Management Engine

Intel Chop Set

Intel IO Driver

Networking Driver -- becasue why not

Intel Rapid Storeage Technology Drivers

Intel Dynamic Thermal Framework

Reconnected battery