Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outabout
Paper Tape
Views: 8,973
Message 1 of 4

Battery for Ideapad 310 laptop

Hello:

I am deciding to purchase a Ideapad 310 laptop, but I found out that the battery is not user replacable. This is a regular laptop, not a ultrabook, most other brands have user replaceable batteries, but this one doesn't. I am kind of surprised, I like this laptop except this "featuer" :-)

For those who have this laptop, what is your experience with battery durability? I am mostly interested in finding out how long it will last being needing to be replaced by a "certified technician? 

Thank you very much in advance.

Highlighted
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,941
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery for Ideapad 310 laptop

@outabout wrote:

what is your experience with battery durability? I am mostly interested in finding out how long it will last being needing to be replaced by a "certified technician?

The capacity of all rechargeable batteries reduces each time it is discharged/recharged.  This is both inevitable and inexorable.

I am posting this from a 12-year old Sony laptop that is on its second battery.  Each battery has lasted 6 years. but the capacity of the current one has reduced from about 3.5 hours when new, to 5 minutes (yes, it now takes only 5 minutes to go from fully charged to fully discharged).  I use this laptop only at home, so I am content to use it on mains power.

The point at which you consider the capacity to be unacceptably low is your decision.  (5 minutes would be unacceptable for most people. Smiley LOL)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ChrisW2
Paper Tape
Views: 8,892
Message 3 of 4

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but this forum baffles me. I want to ask this question:  I have just bought a Lenovo ideapad 310 and was told to extend the battery life by leaving it plugged into the mains. This I have done, it charges up fully 100% and stays at this capacity for 5 days then the battery simbol shows the capacity to be dropping, when the curser is on it it says plugged in but not charging.  My questions are how much will the charge drop before it starts charging up again and am I doing right by leaving it plugged into the mains.  Thank you

MasterMithi_29
What's DOS?
Views: 2,637
Message 4 of 4

Do not leave it plugged in all the time. You will not be able to use it without a charger then. They tell to charge the laptop for a few couple of houres to extend battery life, not all the time

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors