cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harris10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 65
Message 1 of 3

Battery is Not Charging (Edge 2 1560 Core i7)

Specs: the computer in question is a Lenovo Edge 2 1560 with Intel Core i7. 1 TB WD Blue.

The Short of it:

About a week ago, the computer stopped charging the battery. I just replaced chargers and the one I've got now has served me fine for the last three months or so. The battery is still the standard one that came with the computer when I purchased it. I have already tried another charger and a new battery but the problem persists. The charger powers the laptop without the battery and the battery remains at the same percentage with the charger plugged in.

The Problem:

When I attach the charger, the computer indicators switch between charging and not charging for anywhere from a minute to 20ish minutes. When the indicators becomes steady, the computers says that the battery is charging but the battery remains at the same percentage regardless of how long I leave it to charge. I've tried a number of diagnostics and troubleshooting methods, including a new battery and different charger, but the problem is still there. I use the computer for many different things and not being able to use it mobily is really slowing me down. I've heard that a cause could be the motherboard but I want to make certain that's what it is before I throw any more money at this problem, since money's kinda tight.

Thaks in advance for your input!

CocoboloPat
Paper Tape
Views: 33
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery is Not Charging (Edge 2 1560 Core i7)

You might look at this thread with a similar problem.   https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Lenovo-Flex-4-1580-Plugged-in-Not-Chargi...

I'm not sure it's a hardware problem.  My issue started after a Windows update.

Harris10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 26
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery is Not Charging (Edge 2 1560 Core i7)

I had already read this one and few others before posting but I was hoping it wasn't so; I would almost rather buy a new board than deal with a screwy Windows update.

All the same though I would still appreciate input or updates on the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors