Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SprockySpriket
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 1 of 3

Brand New Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15-IWL Keeps Freezing

My brand new Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15-IWL keeps freezing periodically around every 5-10 minutes. By freezing I mean screen frozen, unable to use my mouse, and if I'm playing music or watching a video, all visuals and audio stops. From what I'm seeing, this issue is magnified when using all browsers including Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. The big problem for me, however, is that from task manager, Ram usage across all browsers peaks at only 75% and CPU usage is always less than 10% when my laptop freezes. Additionally, my previous computer, a macbook air with only 4 gb of ram and an intel i5 core was able to run Chrome (which is by far the most ram and cpu hogging browser of the three) without any issues. Is there any way to test for and solve this problem, and is it possible that upgrading from 8gb (installed ram) 16 gb ram could help this problem? 

sra97
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand New Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15-IWL Keeps Freezing

'Brand new' means it's still under warranty. A brand new product should not behave like that. Return to the dealer or your local service centre.
Guru
Views: 150
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand New Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15-IWL Keeps Freezing

Exactly, contact your dealer, local service center or Lenovo Support.

It could be the processor, RAM or SSD that's not working correctly in your situation.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors