Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davhaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 704
Message 1 of 3

Brand New ideapad 100S crashes using Lenovo Solution Center Hardware Scan

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help as I cannot get through to Support in the UK.  I bought a brand new Lenovo ideapad 100S (Red) on Sunday.  Tonight I got a message saying I had to do a Hardware Scan through the Lenovo Solution Center.  So far I have tried to run this scan 5 times and every time it fails, my new computer blue screens and I get an error:  DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Can anyone explain what is wrong and how I go about getting this fixed?  The thing is only three days old !!!

davhaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 644
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand New ideapad 100S crashes using Lenovo Solution Center Hardware Scan

So joy of joys I get a message back from Service UK:

"Thank you for contacting Lenovo,

Can you please send us the full scan results in its HTML format this can be done by following the below.
Once the Lenovo solution centre scan has complete, you would see a results code generated. Alongside this, you should also be able to see the Test results in a web format file (html) you would need to save it and send it to us to validate the results.
In some versions of the Lenovo Solution Centre you would have to click on option "View Log" then save the html file to the computer and then send it to us.

Kind Regards

Adam"

... Well I would Adam, if the scan actually completed and didn't BSOD with the error message that I quoted ...

So next I'm told I need to do a full factory reset on a machine that is 4 days old ... incredulously I try and follow the advice given ...

"Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Lenovo,

You will need to perform a full factory reset to fix the issues that you are experiencing with your machine. This will rule out any software related issues.

Please follow the instructions below to factory restore your machine.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine which Lenovo cannot be responsible for.

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.

2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)

3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.

4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.

Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us."

... So hey I thought, I'll humour them seeing as there's not much on the telly tonight.  So I switched the computer off as they suggested.  Then I pressed the little recovery button (funny how you need one of these ...), then I did as they suggested and clicked on system recovery ... alas there is no option to "restore from initial backup" as there is no initial backup because the USELESS thing is brand new ...!!!

Any more smart ideas ...?

Looking through the interweb about the error  DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE  it seems that many Lenovo machines are put to market with this known fault.  

Thank god I paid for this Point Of Sale on a credit card so I can get my money back.

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.  

OP Edit: Implied word was "USELESS" and has been added where the asterisks previously were, or did you mean the abbreviation of Point Of Sale which I have returned to the text above. 

davhaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 625
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand New ideapad 100S crashes using Lenovo Solution Center Hardware Scan

Final message back from Service UK:

Thank you for contacting Lenovo,

If this is the case and you have recently purchased the unit i would suggest taking it back to the retailer for a exchange or refund.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors