01-14-2018 08:50 AM
I bought a brand new Ideapad 320S last week and today I noticed a strange buzzing sound which seems to be comng from the bottom of the laptop. The buzzing sound occurs roughly every 5 seconds and seems to stop when the fan starts to run. The sound comes back when the fan stops. After some time it changes to a grinding sound.
Laptop was only bought last week... Can someone please give some advice on this?
02-22-2018 05:29 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
If the sound is drowned out by the fans running, I think this will be a HDD issue.
It is possible its faulty.
I would recommend that you back up any improtant data that you may have, just to make sure you don`t lose anything.
Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find anything for you:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
03-31-2018 01:43 PM
I think, I'm also the victim of this case. Same problems as explained by Liaoyuan.
I bought Lenovo 320 14IKB(ideapad) yesterday and while working with it I observed some low Ratteling noise. This was strange, since I have never heard these kind of noise from my other Lenovo(Ideapad 110 - AMD A9) which I've being using for 3th year.
I already get back to where i buy Lenovo 320 14IKB(ideapad), they change it with the new one, but same problem (rateling noise).
So i decide go to Lenovo Indonesia Service Center, they already hear that sound and they say it's normal, and resist not repair or solve the problem. Bad second experiences with Lenovo 320 14IKB(ideapad).
Laptop Age : 2 days
OS : Windows 10 Home (original from laptop)