Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starobin
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 1 of 3

Bundled Office 2019

I purchased an IdeaPad 130S with Microsoft Home and Student 2019 (Electronic Download).  After I got it I realized that I could use my paid-for version of Office 2010 from my old laptop on my new laptop.  It downloaded and ius working just fine.

I would like to get the cost of Office 2019 refunded since I never loaded it or activated it on my laptop.

Can someone help me?  

Customer service told me that I cannot get a refund becuase the software is bundled in my purchase.  If someone installed the software then they can uninstall it.  I am not going to pay for something I do not need.

If it can't be done than my only alternative is to return the whole product and reorder a new laptop without the extra Office 2019 software bundle.

Thanks for your attention.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 344
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bundled Office 2019

If you purchased the machine with Office Student pre-installed, then that's most likey a condition of the sale. Doubt you can't get a refund on it no more than you could get McDonald's to lower the price of a Big Mac if you order it without pickles and onions. Office gets bundled together with Windows and priced to OEMs for a fraction of list. Consider it one unit.

So, yeah, your only alternative would be to send the whole thing back and order a machine without Office Student on it. Assuming the time and effort is worth the price difference. 

Personally, I'd keep Student on the machine and hold on to the other Office license in case you get a great deal on another machine that doesn't have it. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
starobin
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bundled Office 2019

Makes sense, Dr. D.

I'm hoping I can open Office 2019 even though I already installed my Office 2010 version.

Thanks for the good advice.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors