Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhonglx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,014
Message 1 of 3

CPU issue of ideapad 720s after BIOS update to V.6MCN21WW version

I updated the BIOS of my ideapad 720S13IKB to V.6MCN21WW version via Lenovo Vantage today. Then the laptop (maybe the fan) beacomes noisy after booting and even when running small apps such as Lenovo Vantage. It used to be very quiet all the time before this BIOS update. What's more, the CPU speed often boosts up to higher than 3.3 GHz, which is crazy for this  laptop model. This is also comes with this BIOS update. How can I fix this issue or go back to the earlier BIOS version? Thank you.

cpu.png

bu22
Punch Card
Views: 984
Message 2 of 3

Re: CPU issue of ideapad 720s after BIOS update to V.6MCN21WW version

Actually your're screenshot shows some load, so why should the laptop not use the turbo?

Set the performance mode less on performance (left click the battery icon).

That won't help in general as the laptop's fan is quite noisy and starts pretty early (40°).

zhonglx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 980
Message 3 of 3

Re: CPU issue of ideapad 720s after BIOS update to V.6MCN21WW version

Thanks for your reply. I realized that the CPU speed may be locked lower than 1.6 GHz before this BIOS update. This may make it stay in a low power and quiet status. The new version may have unlocked the speed limit, which actually improves the performance. However, this may lead to elevated temperature and the fan becomes noisy. It works well and quiet before this update and I prefer to keep it working quietly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors