Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpartanAmy107
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,113
Message 1 of 3

Can I fit a Blu-ray player Lenovo ideapad 31015ISK

I bought my Lenovo IdeaPad 31015ISK a month ago, I'm happy with it, except for its AWFUL keyboard layout, but that's not important at the moment.

My question today is the dumy disk drive it has, I removed it today and looked inside to make sure stuff can actually be installed in there, and was pleased that I could see both necessary connections required for Optical and other drives, so can I get a BluRay player to slot in, and if so, where do I find a fitting one? 

Oh and will my i3 run blu-rays fine?

Thanks all in advance.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,100
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I fit a Blu-ray player Lenovo ideapad 31015ISK

@SpartanAmy107 wrote:

can I get a BluRay player to slot in, and if so, where do I find a fitting one?   Oh and will my i3 run blu-rays fine?

I will leave the hardware aspects for someone else to answer, as I have no knowledge of those.  But bear in mind that in order to play Blu-Ray DVDs (movies), you will need to purchase Blu-Ray player software.  The following web page seems to explain the situation quite well:

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/photo-video/how-play-blu-ray-discs-on-your-pc-or-laptop-3529691/

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

SpartanAmy107
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,098
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I fit a Blu-ray player Lenovo ideapad 31015ISK

Free  Blu-ray software exists, so not worried about that, I just want to know what hardware would fit in the laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors