10-25-2018 06:14 AM - edited 10-25-2018 06:38 PM
hey guys, is there anybody that struggle with updating windows? So i got a message a couple days ago that windows had a new update. So i tried to update it, but when i did, it said "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.", There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) - Error 0x8e5e03fa". I always tried tp update but still had the same result even i have installed standalone version from microsoft catalogue and doesnt affect anything.
Also i got a problem with intel UHD graphics 630 control panel, when i open, it appears a pop up error window that say i have a problem with igd12umd12.dll. I dont get it why, please help. Thanks guys.
10-25-2018 01:10 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Community forum!
Kindly try these steps:
For the Windows Update issue:
- install Windows Update Invididually https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates
- Screenshots for reference (third party link): https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-show-windows-updates-windows-10-a.html
For the Intel HD Graphics Error:
- check if the pop-up error occurs every restart of during Windows Update
- if it's during restart, uninstall > reboot > reinstall Intel Graphics Driver from the Lenovo website or Lenovo Vantage https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6
- if it's during Windows Update > get the KB Article and use Hide WIndows Update tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates then hide the Intel HD Graphics driver > reboot > then check WIndows Update again. From here, the update will no longer show up then you must install the Intel Graphics Driver from the Lenovo website or Lenovo Vantage.
10-26-2018 06:01 AM - edited 10-26-2018 06:05 AM
hey chris, thanks for your help.
my problem with intel is done. but i still dont understand with windows update, because i have done what you asking about, but, windows update still bother me.
is there any solution for this?