Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthiasV
Paper Tape
Views: 3,263
Message 1 of 5

Can't connect external monitor to Ideapad 320-15IKB with HDMI cable

Last week I bought the Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB. So far I am pretty satisfied, but I'm having trouble connecting it to my external monitor with a HDMI cable. I've tried multiple HDMI cables, tried the monitor with another laptop and it worked fine, I also bought a USB-C to HDMI converter and that's not working either. So I don't think it's a hardware problem.

In the picture I added you can cleary see the laptop detects my external monitor (LG IPS FULLHD) as the second screen, but on the monitor I get a "no signal message". I looked at all the topics similar to mine, but haven't found a solution yet. Anyone familiar with this problem? Thanks.

Guru
Views: 3,201
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't connect external monitor to Ideapad 320-15IKB with HDMI cable

Hi, welcome to the forum.

My guessing on this are  will be:

1) Try the "Windows Key + P" combination, try the extend and duplicate to see if you get an image on the monitor.

2) You already tried different HDMI cables, it may be interesting to also check some other TV that  you may have arround to see if you get image. Also, if you use some apdater (DP to HDMI or other) it may be interesting to try some others.

3) Go to  the support site of the "Ideapad 320-15IKB" and update the BIOS and the Video drivers. Lenovo Vantage can also help you to have you drivers up to date.

After trying that, if you get no good results, maybe it is some hardware issue.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

MatthiasV
Paper Tape
Views: 3,163
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your help, but I allready tried those things. I've tried it on my TV and it doesn't work either. The BIOS and all the drivers are up to date. I just think it's hard to believe that it's a hardware problem, because it worked fine in the first week I had the laptop and then just stopped working. 

What I forgot to mention is that I had to do a factory reset to solve another problem I was having. And I think it stopped working after that. Could that have anything to do with it?

Guru
Views: 3,155
Message 4 of 5

Hi

@MatthiasVWhat I forgot to mention is that I had to do a factory reset to solve another problem I was having. And I think it stopped working after that. Could that have anything to do with it?

The factory reset should not mess with the hardware, only with the installed drivers. If you updated the drivers before the factory update, you need to update the drivers again.

I don't have more ideas of what could it be. Generally different cables and adapters provides different results with the Monitor, but if you already test that, I'm not sure what can the problem be.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

SasoKonrad
What's DOS?
Views: 255
Message 5 of 5

I have the exact same problem. Any new solutions? I reinstalled operating system and updated drivers and BIOS. Nothing helped. I dont think its a hardware problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors