02-22-2018 06:03 AM - edited 02-22-2018 06:16 AM
The first issue i am facing is , I am unable to open any .exe files from my laptop(Lenovo Ideapad 5-1470) and am getting .exe application error while trying to open it. I tried to uninstall the recently installed programs but I am unable to uninstall them as well.
So i tried to create a Windows 10 ISO and tried USB boot so that it clears resintalls Windows 10 and clears all data( i dont need any data to be recovered as it has been just 2 months since i got the laptop). While the BIOS was able to recognize the USB and tried to install windows 10 but got an error at a particular steps after accepting windows agreement-'We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver'. Only when the Drives get loaded, i will able to confirm the partition and install win 10 again.
So there are 2 issues i am mentioning here
1) Unable to open any exe file from my laptop
2) Drives does not get displayed while trying to resinstall win 10.
Please let me know how to proceed or if there is anything else that can be done to resolve the .exe issue, let me know.
Really appreciate any Help. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-22-2018 09:02 AM
Do you have the machine number from the sticker?
Would the machine be for a Flex 5 1470 without One Key Factory reset.
Let us try to proceed a step at a time, starting with the standard Windows reset option.
See if it works to re image Windows 10 back from the guide here.
How does it go.
02-22-2018 10:01 AM
Thanks for the response. I tried to reset my laptop and windows started resetting but after a while got a message that 'There was a problem resetting your PC'.And i dont have a One Key factory reset in my Lenovo flex 5-1470.
Please let me know whats the next step i should try.
02-22-2018 10:47 AM
With Flex 5-1470(Type 80XA) Machine Type Model: 80XA0000US OKR is not loaded.
If Windows reset fails then you may follow this steps for clean installation :
Ensure that the Windows installer is formatted in FAT32 and partitioned in GPT scheme similar to this discussion.
While off, use the novo key to access BIOS.
Change Fast boot to disabled , secure boot under security tab disabled and save.
If same condition then check if you need to change UEFI to legacy and check if it would proceed.
Update us how things go.
02-22-2018 05:36 PM
If you are facing the same issue with all files, please follow the steps below and check:
1) Press Windows key+ R to open Run command.
2) Type services.msc and press Enter.
3) Search for Windows Installer and if it is stopped, right click on it and click on Start.
Please post us with the results and information to help you better.
02-22-2018 11:55 PM
Thanks a lot Spidey for the above solution. I tried the below and explaining everything i did
1) I downloaded Windows 10 ISO in a mac machine(Since i dont have another windows).
2) Using Disk-utility in mac, I erased all the data, created 1 partition and chose partition scheme as 'GPT'. Also selected format as 'MS-DOS(FAT)'
3) Using Boot Camp in mac, selected the downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and created a bootable USB.
4) Before plugging in the USB in my windows machine, I made the below changes in my BIOS Set up(with help of NOVA key)
Secure Boot: Disabled
Boot Priority: Legacy Support
Boot Priority: Legacy First
5) After shutting down the PC, i plugged in the USB, pressed the 'NOVA' key and moved the USB up Under Legacy set up & saved the changes.
6) System took me to Windows install screen.After clicking 'Install Now' & 'Custom Install', i was able to see the paritions. Deleted all partitions except the 'Unallocated Space', selected the 'unallocated space' and clicked 'Next'. Windows installed successfully.
The partitions got displayed only when i booted with Legacy Mode. Using UEFI mode, the patitions did not display for me.
i have been around this windows 10 install issue for quiet a number of days. Again thanking you a lot Spidey for the help you provided. Appreciate it!!!
02-22-2018 11:57 PM
Thank you resa70 for the response. I did not have any previous version of windows, i purchased the laptop before 2 months which had only windows 10. The Solution that Spidey provided helped me fix the issue.