Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martinium
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,087
Message 1 of 2

Can the Ideapad 100s-11IBY run in the absence of its battery via the power supply?

Dear community, After 15 months of usage, my Ideapad 100s' batteries did the "balloon stunt". For now, I disposed of the swollen battery pack and consider whether I want repair/a new battery pack. In the meanwhile, it would be nice if I could use the notebook via the mains power only - but it won't turn on. Would anyone perchance know, whether the Ideapad 100s could - at least in principle - run in the absence of a battery pack via its (5V 4amp) external power supply, assuming that all other components are present and functional? Or does the Ideapad 100s run exclusively from the battery in any circumstance? (If it should be able to run from the mains, it might be worthwhile to look for a different power supply.) Thank you very much for your help! Best, Martin
DECH
Punch Card
Views: 84
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can the Ideapad 100s-11IBY run in the absence of its battery via the power supply?

Apparently not, mine hasn't despite a few attempts with holding the "on"  button down to discharge with the battery removed.  It would have been interesting to get expert advice however in case there is some step that then allows it run on  AC power.  It seems difficult to get any reliable information on anything to do with this model.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors