cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
largomike1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,895
Message 1 of 3

Can you replace the battery yourself (when the time comes) on Lenovo Flex 5 15"?

Can you replace the battery yourself (when the time comes) on Lenovo Flex 5 15"?  I just purchased mine from Costco.  I owned my previous laptop for many years and was able to replace the battery several times over the lifetime of the laptop.  Just wanted to make sure that was possible with this one.  Are there any instruction out there (ie. youtube) on how to do this?  I could not find a source for the battery (possibly because this PC is new).  Anyone know of a source?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,855
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can you replace the battery yourself (when the time comes) on Lenovo Flex 5 15"?

Hello and welcome,

Is it a Flex 5-1570?   Instructions and part # are in the Hardware Maintenance Manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/flex_5-1470_5-1570_hmm_201703.pdf

If that's the right HMM, based on the battery part # it's available from Encompass, and other sources per The Google.  Encompass is the "official" parts source these days.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,849
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can you replace the battery yourself (when the time comes) on Lenovo Flex 5 15"?

It should be fairly easy and they should be available whenever you need one.  The one in there should last a while.  The real (OEM) batteries are much higher quality than most of the aftermarket ones.  Cheaper (non-Lenovo) ones usually turn out to be more expensive over time.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/flex_5-1470_5-1570_hmm_201703.pdf

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors