Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mom_mom77
What's DOS?
Views: 1,400
Message 1 of 2

Cannot Log-in to my laptop

I am not very computer literate. When setting up my new laptop I used the zero (0) instead of the letter o in the .com portion of the address. I forgot my PIN the next day, and cannot open my computer to use it. It locked me out of the PIN option. There was no password set up, and there is no apparent way to reset anything, because I can't get beyond the sign in screen. Can anyone help!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,376
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot Log-in to my laptop

Hi mom_mom77,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Regarding this issue since you cannot retrieve the recovery password due to incorrect email. What I can recommend is to perform a factory reset on the laptop. Just to set your expectation this process will delete all the files and programs on your laptop as it will goes back to the state like it's the first time you take it out of the box. If you want to proceed with the factory reset just follow the steps below.

- Turn off the laptop
- Wait for about 10 secs then press the Novo Button (Guide here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104038)
- It should turn on the laptop and shows you "Boot Menu" on the screen
- Kindly select "System Recovery"
- Once you're in the recovery environment please select "From initial backup" then follow the on-screen instructions.

It should go to the process of recovery and it might take some time so be sure to plug in the charger because we do not want this process to be interrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors