Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EranPinhas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,878
Message 1 of 6

Charger of Ideapad 110-15isk

Hi, My original charger was bitten by my dog, and I have new charger from lenovo computer. 

The old charger was 2.25A and the new one is 3.25, Both 20V. The lenovo support site say I can use the 3.25 But label on the computer say I can not [image attached]

Help Please! Can I use it?

26030650_10215243054896466_418711537_n.jpg

illegal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,846
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charger of Ideapad 110-15isk

send it back and ask for the 2.25a one

EranPinhas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,836
Message 3 of 6

LOL, It's another computer's charger, so apparently this is not an option

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,821
Message 4 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community EranPinhas !

As long as the replacement charger has the same voltage and uses the same plug that plugs into the computer, the increase in amperage is not a problem.  The laptop will only draw what it needs.  If anything you will notice that the 3.25A charger will charge your laptop's battery quicker. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

illegal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,796
Message 5 of 6

im not sure, having a charger that has a higher ampage might cause the battery to be charged too quickly, reducing battery life

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,788
Message 6 of 6

illegal, the laptop will only draw what it needs as it charging circuit will limit it.  Where the quicker charge comes into play is when charging your battery while the laptop is being used.  A 2.25A (45w) charger has to divide its output between powering the laptop and charging the battery.  During game play or graphic intensive processes, the laptop will get priority with the charger and the battery charge will get what's left over.  A 3.25A (65w) charger will not only power the laptop, but have extra power for battery charging during the same use.

From my own personal experience I had a laptop from another manufacturer that originally came with a 4.75A (90w) charger.  During intensive use the laptop would start drawing on the battery for extra power as the charger could not keep up with the demand.  On several occasions it drained the battery dry and the charger was hot to the touch  To resolve the issue I went out and purchased a 6.3A (120w) charger which resolved my problems while the charger got barely warm to the touch.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors