Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsonb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 485
Message 1 of 5

Conservation Mode for Lenovo Vantage no longer working

Has anyone else's Lenovo Battery Power Conservation Mode stopped working? I have a Lenovo FLEX 5-1570 and Conservation Mode recently stopped functioning. Everything else appears to be working fine but now when I have my laptop plugged in, it charges to 100% and remains there.

I've tried turning Conservation Mode off and back on. I've tried rebooting. I've tried reinstalling the BIOS and Chipset software. None of these fix the problem.

The worst part is Lenovo "support". Lenovo hardware support is completely separate from Lenovo software support and they do not talk to one another. Lenovo hardware support provided no support other than suggesting trying to reinstall the BIOS and Chipset updates. (My best guess is their latest BIOS update created the problem.) Lenovo software support will not provide support for their own software, even though the laptop is under warranty, without paying extra for it! Knowing this now, I will never buy another Lenovo product.

samsonb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 2 of 5

Re: Conservation Mode for Lenovo Vantage no longer working

Laura545, that topic thread appears to be slightly different than the one I'm experiencing. My Conservation Mode does not disable itself. It just no longer works even though Lenovo Vantage states it is enabled. I found this topic thread which is more like the issue I'm experiencing:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-700-conservation-mode-no...

It appears as though Lenovo has been reintroducing this bug for a while now.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 460
Message 3 of 5

@samsonb

Unfortunately the post you refer to ...Laura545... was a spam setup post, now removed.

I've left your post in place but wanted to explain why the previous post is gone.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rgergova
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 4 of 5

I experience the same problem since yesterday. If anyone finds a solution please help.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 254
Message 5 of 5

Disabling and re-enabling the Lenovo System Interface Service worked for me.
Top Kudoed Authors