Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry083
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 1 of 5

Conservation Mode not supported by Lenovo 100s-11IBY

Hi. I tried enabling the conservation mode on a Lenovo 100s-11IBY several times but the battery still charges to full capacity. I have Windows 10 Redmond version and an updated BIOS. I enabled the conservation mode in Lenovo Settings. I chatted online with a Lenovo Technician and he told me that Lenovo 100s-11IBY does not support conservation mode. He told me to just let the battery charge to full capacity. Will this not affect battery life? Does anyone have the same issue as I do? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Jerry

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 288
Message 2 of 5

Re: Conservation Mode not supported by Lenovo 100s-11IBY

@Jerry083 wrote:

I tried enabling the conservation mode on a Lenovo 100s-11IBY several times but the battery still charges to full capacity.

Is the problem that you enable conservation mode, but the next time that you power-up the laptop, conservation mode has been disabled?  If so, this is a known problem (at least, it is known to Lenovo users; whether it is known to Lenovo software developers is a separate question).

I have that problem on my 700-15ISK that is running version 3.148.0.0 of "Lenovo Settings".  But my 500-15ISK does not suffer from that problem; it is running version 3.145.0.0 of "Lenovo Settings".  To determine the version of "Lenovo Settings" on your laptop, click the gear-wheel icon near the bottom left of the screen.

I believe that the version of "Lenovo Settings" that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store is 3.148.0.0, so if that is the version that you have, you probably have to wait for the next version, and hope that this bug is fixed in that version.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Jerry083
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 3 of 5

CyberSimian said 

Is the problem that you enable conservation mode, but the next time that you power-up the laptop, conservation mode has been disabled? ...I believe that the version of "Lenovo Settings" that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store is 3.148.0.0, 

Yes, it is disabled after a power-up. But my issue is that even when the conservation mode is enabled the battery still charges to full capacity so the mode doesn't work. That's right. I checked just now and found out that the Lenovo Settings version is 3.148.0.0.  So there's something wrong with this version.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Jerry

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 272
Message 4 of 5

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Jerry !

One additional suggestion.... do you have the Lenovo Companion app installed as well?  If not, just install Lenovo Companion from the Windows Store.  As it installs it may request the installation of an additional Lenovo application so allow it to.    After it is installed, reboot your computer and see if Conservation Mode is now working. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Jerry083
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 5 of 5

Yes Majestic, I have Lenovo Companion installed with Lenovo Settings. Companion and Lenovo System Update are suggesting only that I install Connec2 but I feel that Windows 10 Connect is sufficient. Besides, I don't think Connec2 has something to do with my power management issue. Thanks.
Top Kudoed Authors