Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strysh
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 1 of 1

Defective Laptop- Lenove Ideapad 500S

In January 2016 I bought a new Lenovo ideapad 500S laptop from CostCo.  afte less than 2 years, the laptop was found to be terribly defective. The Hinge/ joint between the board and the screen is terribly misaligned and cracked half open, and makes cracking noice everytime I open/ close it. The fibre frame for the screen is popping out like a very cheap dirty plastic toy, and a finger can pass between the frame and the screen. This is a clear case of manufacturing defect and third rate quality and total lack of customer service on the part of Lenovo.

Since the warrant period has passed, neither CostCo nor Lenovo are interested in fixing the ssue even though I am willing to pay for the repairs. I called Lenovo many times at different numbers I received, and had multiple chats with the Lenovo service agents. They say Lenovo only helps if the laptops are under warranty period. I understand Dell does charge and fix the problems. No one at Lenovo seems to be interested in helping.

This is not a refurbished laptop to through in trash. I want this reasonably new and expensive laptop to be fixed. Can anyone advise me if I can take legal help? 

Thanks,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors