Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aross
Paper Tape
Views: 859
Message 1 of 6

Display flicker for Lenovo 320-15IKB-81BG

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased an IdeaPad 320-15 IKB and i'm experiencing some weird flickering of the display. The problem is that I don't think it's a hardware issue, because starting windows in Safe Mode solves it. As you can imagine, I cannot use the laptop in safe mode Smiley Happy 

Has anybody experienced this behaviour and are there any fixes? Drivers i could install/uninstall? Software i should check? My main concern is determine the cause of this. Smiley Sad

What i tried until now: uninstalling and reinstalling Intel/Nvidia drivers, applied a display flicker fix from Norton (even though i'm using Bitdefender) - i know... but desperate times - and i ran out of ideas. 

I would get it to an authorised service, but as i said before, chances are it's not a HW issue.

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Michael1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 819
Message 2 of 6

Re: Display flicker for Lenovo 320-15IKB-81BG

Try uninstalling Intel HD graphics 620 drivers and normaly use your computer and see if the flickering stops. I guess it will. It's not a fix in any way, but better than safe mode.

aross
Paper Tape
Views: 816
Message 3 of 6

Pretty... Brutal solution Smiley Happy Wouldn't this affect the performance of the laptop? Aren't there any official fixes for this? Smiley Sad

Michael1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 811
Message 4 of 6

I know, but couldn't find anything else to stop the flickering, makes you have headaches.

It seems like the particular model has some sort of a problem, i have found numerous cases of people complaining about the same thing around the internet. 
Even at the forums here:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Re-Lenovo-IdeaPad-320-flickering-black-...

aross
Paper Tape
Views: 808
Message 5 of 6

Well, i have submitted the issue at Intel and we'll see if they have a workaround for this, or maybe even a fix Smiley Very Happy I will keep you posted if anything else occurs. Meanwhile i will uninstall the driver Smiley Sad

Michael1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 806
Message 6 of 6

Let us know if you find something Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors