Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNI1
Not applicable
Views: 115
Message 1 of 6

Does not charge battery

I have just changed the battery on my lenovo ideapad 100-14ibd. It worked fine for one week, but now it wount charge the battery.

When win 10 is starting up the icon show its charging, but it stops when win is fully loaded.

Battery is new and orginal Lenovo OEM

I have tryed to update bios, but are not able due to power isue.

I have made an upgrade with driver for power management

Reinstalled windows

I have no idear what to do..Please help

Br Martin

Ashley_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 83
Message 2 of 6

Re: Does not charge battery

Hi MNI1,

Welcome to the community forums.

We'd like to know, have you also tried to use a different charger? When the battery has reached full and you unplugged the AC adapter, does the laptop goes off? Also, when you plugged in the AC adapter, do you see any light indication? If you do, is it a flashing or steady light? Looking forward to your reply.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MNI1
Not applicable
Views: 80
Message 3 of 6

Hi and thanks

I do not have more that one charger..

The battery led are flashing 3 times

BR

Longhorn87
Not applicable
Views: 76
Message 4 of 6

You may try a Linux live distribution (preferably Ubuntu) to discriminate between hardware and software problems. If it charges on Linux, than it's a Windows or driver issue.
Maru_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 69
Message 5 of 6

Could you please run the hardware diagnostics via Lenovo Vantage? If you don't see that in your laptop, you can download it here https://support.lenovo.com/fi/en/solutions/ht505081. Here is a video to guide you in performing the hardware diagnostics https://support.lenovo.com/fi/en/videos/vid500029. You can also check the condition of the battery by click on Power via Lenovo Vantage. Let us know how things go.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MNI1
Not applicable
Views: 46
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I did the hardware test with Lenovo Vantage.

The RTC test failed

Status of the battery is with the charger pluged in

Skærmbillede 2018-11-19 kl. 15.30.01.jpgSkærmbillede 2018-11-19 kl. 15.31.12.jpg

Update; tryed to put back the old battery, and now its charging.. wied

The charging cycle is showing the same numbers with new or old battery... how to reset?

Mod's edit: removed extra spaces from Body of message for easier reading by members.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors