Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
username35701
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,058
Message 1 of 11

Dolby Audio drivers missing components

The 2018 Anniversary Update for Windows 10 has finished installing. There were no obvious bugs or errors, until I checked the audio. My Dolby Audio won't open or better yet can't function properly. See attached picture. After getting used to the rich and optimised audio provided by the pre-installed Dolby Audio in my laptop, I can't seem to get the drivers back or look for the drivers themselves. Dolby recommends me to look towards my laptop manufacturer which is here but I still can't find the drivers. My worst option is to start a "clean" installation that causes me to re-install all my apps. I have a slow internet connection and it pains me to know that I won't be able to hear that crisp sound that Dolby Audio used to deliver in my laptop. Smiley Sad. I hope someone can help with this.

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1803

Installed on: 11/05/2018

OS Build: 17134.448

Serial Number: PF0NSU9XDolby Missing Drivers.JPGThe error once I open Dolby Audio from the tray.

omerr8
What's DOS?
Views: 2,876
Message 2 of 11

Re: Dolby Audio drivers missing components

Same here with IdeaPad 710s. 

h3llo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,452
Message 3 of 11

Hello. I got same problem but it fixed it.

1. Locate the audio driver installation files or download in the support.

2. Go to source folder.

3. Extract all the .cab format.

4. After extracted the .cab navigate to dolbygui folder.  And click the setup.exe

5. Locate the dolbygui folder and click setup.

Done. 

HALPMEPLS
What's DOS?
Views: 1,902
Message 4 of 11

Hi, im not very good at computers, I located a dolby audio folder, but could not find any .cab files, could you help me please? (I literally created an account just for this)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,879
Message 5 of 11

Hi there! Are you experiencing the same issue with the original post? Did the issue with the audio started after an update or was there any recent changes before the issue arise? And also, could you provide the model of your computer? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

HALPMEPLS
What's DOS?
Views: 1,871
Message 6 of 11

Hi, yes, I am experiencing the same problems with the original post. My laptop model is IdeaPad 710s. Sorry, I don't exactly remember when the problem started.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,863
Message 7 of 11

Hi! Welcome to the Community Forums. You may try to download the latest Audio drivers for your devices here: support.lenovo.com. Just enter the serial number then go to Drivers and software. After installing the latest audio drivers restart the system then check. Reggie_Lenovo

Admin note: link edited for clarity

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Dan547
What's DOS?
Views: 1,666
Message 8 of 11

I am experienceing the same problem as the original post. I have a Lenovo 320s and i believe the problem occured when i accidently deleted some apps and files.

h3llo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 970
Message 9 of 11

I recently updated my windows os to 1809 and I got the same problem. So I reinstall the conexant SmartAudio HD but I get the same error.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 966
Message 10 of 11

Hi! Could you try these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel and view by Category. Click Programs ->Programs and Features. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Dolby Audio X2 Windows App.
2. Go back to Control Panel and click Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager. Expand Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click Conexant SmartAudio and select Uninstall device.
3. Select Delete the driver software for this device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation. Then restart the computer. Ensure that the audio driver has been uninstalled successfully.
4. Download and install the latest Conexant Audio driver from the Lenovo Support Web site.

Update us with the result.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors