06-28-2016 05:11 AM
I bought my laptop in March and is very slow.
It takes 5 minutes to turn on and sometimes more.
I realized that the hard disk is always 95% or more.
It is slow up to open a notepad, its useless.
Someone can help me?
06-28-2016 07:40 AM
Hi gdalborgo ,
Welcome to the Community Forums.
Initially verify that your hardware's integrity is ok by running diagnostics.
Isolating further on what could contribute this maybe on processes running on the background.
Running the system on safe mode cancels any advance software that could cause this as it only runs on basic services.
Compare the performance using another account like an adminitrator local account would isolate microosft related synching specially with the features associated with the account like One drive etc.
You may also check on this guide if all passes the hardware test.
Update us how this go.
07-07-2016 04:58 PM
07-09-2016 03:23 PM
All diagnostic processes were ok.
- Processor: Result code: WCP23E000-WL7A8N
- Memory: Result code: WMEBBVV000-WL7A8N
- Motherboard: Result code: WMB01A000-WL7A8N
- PCI Express: Result code: WPE001000-WL7A8N
- Storage devices: Result code: WHD01V000-WL7A8N
- Video card: Result code: WVC00V000-WL7A8N (Intel HD Graphics 520)
- Video card: Result code: WVC00R000-WL7A8N (GeForce 940M)
- Wireless: Result code: WWF00F000-WL7A8N
I did al the things that the guide says but my problem is still there.
I have another problem.. When my laptio is not charging, randomly screen freezes. There is no way to get it back, it keeps black and I have to restart it using the power button.
07-10-2016 09:54 AM
I've got the same problem with 100% disk usage half the time. I think it's because they put such slow hard drives (5400rpm) in these laptops. Upgrading to a faster hard drive /ssd would help a lot.
In regards to the black screen, i've got that problem as well. So far no fix has been found.