Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnRylander
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 1 of 1

Elan touchpad glitches on ideapad 710S-13isk

I like my ideapad 710S-13isk except that I hate the Elan touchpad which really damages the whole experience.

I am hoping it's a configuration issue--it is certainly a software rather than hardware problem, but I have not been able to find a way around it.

Three (software) issues:

1) there appears to be no way to configure the ENTIRE touchpad to respond as a one-finger-left-click, two-fingers-right-click touchpad.  The software breaks up the touchpad into three different sections, and that is that.  So two fingers on the central area will right-click, or two fingers in the lower left corner will right-click, for example, but one finger in the lower right corner and one finger in the middle-right will NOT right-click.  This is a huge pain unless one makes a point of only using the top portion of the touchpad, which is ridiculous.

2) I am used to being able to select an item with one finger, and then stroke with another finger to move the item in preparation for dropping it. My other computers have worked that way.  This touchpad does not.  UPDATE:  this seems to be working now after updating to the latest drivers.

3) Tapping to click only works with one finger.  It'd be nice if it worked with two.  That is more complicated for the software since fingers never tap truly simultaneously, but other devices can figure it out.

If anyone can help me with settings to correct these issues, I would be grateful.  Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors