Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricDeeson
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 1 of 6

FLEX 2 Pro camea has stopped working

Since lately my FLEX 2 Pro (15) camera no longer works when I use Skype; it doesn't appear in the relevant devices list. How can I check the camera's OK and get it working again please?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 340
Message 2 of 6

Re: FLEX 2 Pro camea has stopped working

hi EricDeeson,

If you're running on Wni8.1 / Win10, can you press the Windows Key+R then devmgmt.msc then hit Enter to open Device Manager. On the list of devices, check if you have an Imaging Devices --> Lenovo Easy Camera on similar entry.

- Samlpe image

If the Camera is there but it has an exclamation mark, try the following:

1. Reinstalling the Camera Driver from the D:\Drivers folder or from the Flex 2 Pro drivers page then reboot.

2. After rebooting, check the Device Manager --> Imaging Devices entry and if the Camera device doesn't show any exclamation mark anymore, open SKype or a webcam testing website (like this one) and see if the Camera is now working.

If the Camera is not detected  try to:

1. Boot into the BIOS by tapping F2 during boot-up. In the BIOS, hit F9 to load default settings then hit F10 to save and exit.

2. When Windows boots up, check if the Camera is now detected under Device Manager --> Imaging Devices  try try opening Skype or other apps that uses the Camera.

If all the above steps doesn't work then there's likely a problem with the camera and I recommend you contact the lenovo helpdesk and report the problem.

Support phone list

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

EricDeeson
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, NeoKenchi - yes, it is Win10.

I'll try the F2 on start-up route and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again - Eric

EricDeeson
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 4 of 6

Many thanks!

Suffering also from the terrible loss of touch screen and even cursor control bug - with which no-one seems able to help - it wasn't long before I had to switch off.

On re-starting, I pressed F2 at one-second intervals from switch-on to the sign-on screen. With no effect.

Should it be FN+F2 or some other combination?

I may have lied about the lack of effect - is it concidence that the above mentioned bug appeared within a minute of password entry?!!! Normally it's about half an hour, rarely sooner than five minutes ...

At least this time there's enough cursor control left to get to this screen and enter my reply. Fingers crossed I'll be able to SEND!

Thanks again - Eric

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 317
Message 5 of 6

hi,

Were you able to fix the camera using the above steps?

As for accessing the BIOS, if you have hotkey mode set to enabled (default), then yes, you will need to press Fn+F2 to access the BIOS.

As for the touchscreen, this feature is controlled by a driver which is located in the Device Manager --> Human Interface Devices. Perhaps you're getting ghost touches on the screen which overrides your cursor, similar to this thread.

Try to disable the touchscreen by opening Device Manager then click View > Show Hidden Devices and under Human Interface Devices section, uninstall the HID-compliant device touch screen (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). 

- Sample image

When finished, reboot the system and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
EricDeeson
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the response - I'll try Fn+F2 shortly... Yes again, the dreaded touch screen / cursor failure has struck - second time today - and, yes, with a ghost cursor in a box a few cm SW of the top right corner of the screen, where also ghost touches appear when the touch screen starts to fail.

Thanks for the disable/enable touch screen tip, but that failed me when I tried it in response to one of the many Lenovo threads on that topic, a month or two ago. Since then, I feel, the problem has become much more frequent. Lenovo "suggest" a hard reset may work, but I've not the time for a possibly ineffective step that serious and am waiting in hope for an upgrade to appear that I can download and instal. It could be called Magic Wand.

Thanks again - Eric

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors