cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhangqw
Paper Tape
Views: 54,471
Message 1 of 87

FLex 3, Video card: Mathematical Operations Test failed!!!

It always mentions that there is some problems with my hardware Video Card, just like the below report:

What I should Do???

The driver is updated.

Is there anyone with the same problem??

Thanks.

Result Code: WVC007002-WK7VGI  

Video Card

Display Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

DirectX driver version 10.18.15.4279

Driver name IGDUMDIM64.DLL

OpenCL version OpenCL 2.0

OpenCL driver version 10.18.15.4279

Number of Cores 24

Global memory size 1.48 GBs

Global memory cache size 512.00 KBs

Local memory size 64.00 KBs

Diagnostics Video Memory Test Passed

Mathematical Operations Test Failed

Texture Pipeline Test Passed

Admin Edit - Please update the video drvier to 10.18.15.4281 or higher, restart and re-run diags.  This should resolve the false failure reported by LSC and address some system hang symptoms.

Please see the Official Solution on the Lenovo Support site.

cijaye
Paper Tape
Views: 54,138
Message 2 of 87

Re: FLex 3, Video card: Mathematical Operations Test failed!!!

Watching this thread as I have a brand new flex 3 that I am setting up right now and it failed the mathematical operations test as well. Curious how they can let them leave the factory like this. Smiley Sad I have done nothting accept open it up and run setup / scans. Odd.

On a positive note though, I was able to play a couple of youtube videos without issue. Sound and video are very nice!

wklawrence1005
What's DOS?
Views: 54,131
Message 3 of 87

Same issue here.  Brand new Flex 3-1480, getting mathematical operations test failure.  I have not installed any software, bone stock.

Code WVC007002-WK7VGM

horsebackfan
What's DOS?
Views: 54,062
Message 4 of 87

I have the same problem on lenovo yoga 700

what should I do?

Winkles
Paper Tape
Views: 54,037
Message 5 of 87

I received a new Flex 3 as well but I dont think this problem is anything to be concerned about. I'm not sure if something is wrong with lenovo's diagnostic software or not but I ran diagnostics using the Intel Processor Diagnostics Tool and everything passed as expected. I'll continue following this thread. 

Hammad93
What's DOS?
Views: 54,026
Message 6 of 87

Hi,

I also bought a brand new ideapad 500 and that test failed for me too and it is a serious issue if you are on a higher Windows 10 build.

So quite frequently my windows 10 would freeze and I ould not be able to do anything, ctrl-alt-delete or anything and sometimes when the display shuts off, it does not come back on. It just freezes in that state with no option but to do a hard shutdown.

Checked Event viewer no error and also resetted the PC. Then I contacted Lenovo support and saw the memory operation test failure and asked me to send th elaptop to get it fixed. I am not even sure if that was what is causing the freezes, did any of you face the freezes on Windows 10?.

I am really dissapointed. Since I am a very loyal Lenovo customer. I buy all my hardware from Lenovo but a brandnew laptop with a glitch in the video card is quite sad.

zhangqw
Paper Tape
Views: 54,019
Message 7 of 87

This problem may be resolved by update of the display card driver to the latest one.

my computer is ok now- i mean it runs normal.

Winkles
Paper Tape
Views: 53,970
Message 8 of 87

My display driver is already the latest one. I uninstalled it and reinstalled to see if that would work but it is still failing the lenovo's mathematics operation test. I have not seen any issues caused by this yet but I just received it. I'm not sure what problems it may cause but I'll keep testing it to see if I notice any issues.
Winkles
Paper Tape
Views: 60,454
Message 9 of 87

Confirmed It was indeed a graphics display driver issue. If you are having this issue with the integrated Intel HD 520 graphics on your new lenovo laptop then these are the steps I used to fix the issue. It appears Lenovo's drivers are behind Intel's newest released driver for the Intel HD 520. Please be aware updating using the Intel driver is done at your own discretion as lenovo uses their own driver updates for Intel graphics. 

Prepare your computer for driver Installation:

• Close all running applications that you dont need running during installation process. 
  • Search for the latest Intel display driver: version 15.40.10.4300
  • Once you find the correct driver download the zip file and extract the contents to a location on your pc e.g. Desktop
  • To extract right click on the downloaded zip file and select extract all... 

How to install the new driver

• Go to device manager and open display adapters
  • double click on Intel (R) HD Graphics 520

• On the new window click on the driver tab
  • click "Update Driver" and a new window should appear

• Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
  • On the next page do not click browse instead at the bottom click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  • On the next page click "Have Disk"

• On the new window click "Browse" and navigate to the location of the driver folder that you extracted earlier. 
  • In the driver folder double click on the graphics folder and inside select the file that shold be similiar to igdlh64.inf or it possibly igdlh32.inf if you have a 32bit OS.
  • Once selected click okay and click next to begin installing the driver. 

You should now be finished and if you run the Lenovo hardware scan the updated display driver will pass the mathematical operations test.  I would recommend a restart after installation of the new driver. 

Admin Edit - Thanks Winkles. Lenovo recommends version 10.18.15.4281 or higher from our support site which should include the fix. Later version direct from intel (as you reference) may also work.

Please see the official tip / solution on the Lenovo support site.

cijaye
Paper Tape
Views: 53,892
Message 10 of 87

I find it disheartening that no one from Lenovo is actually responding to this thread. 

But anyhow...

I tried downloading the latest intel drivers from intel.com and my laptop states that they are invalid for this computer and/or corrupt. So I then downloaded the driver utiliy that finds the outdated drivers you have and it could only find a bluetooth driver issue.  Attempted to download that but it said in the status column that it failed. Not very reassuring for a brand new product.

I keep getting display driver fail errors now too.

It would be great if Lenovo could provide the necessary links to fix their issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors