Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thethomaszhou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 34,060
Message 1 of 26

Flex 14, Bluetooth and Wifi Issues

I bought a Flex 14 from the Lenovo store website a month ago, and I seem to be having problems with my wireless adapter. I can't remember if it is because of the update to 8.1 since I updated my laptop to 8.1 on the day that I received my laptop. No matter how far away I am to the router, my wifi would disconnect. It would disconnect for around 30-60 seconds and happens very often, which is kind of annoying. Other laptops in my house don't experience this kind of issue, so it can't be my wireless router or internet service provider. Bluetooth seems to have issues as well. I bought a bluetooth mouse for my laptop around 2 weeks ago and it disconnects just like my wifi. I've tested the mouse with my phone for a full hour and I did not encounter any problems, so I concluded that it must be my wireless adapter that has a problem.

I've tried updating all the drivers from Lenovo support page, but that didn't fix it. So, I tried getting the drivers from Intel, since my adapter is the Intel Wireless-N 7260. That also did not work.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate any sort of help right now.

Guru
Views: 33,918
Message 2 of 26

Re: Flex 14, Bluetooth and Wifi Issues

Have you tried going to Device Manager and disable roaming or reduce roaming sensitivity? Also try to turn off any kind of power saving features you see.

Does your bluetooth mouse come with an additional USB dongle?

Does it only happen when you use the BT mouse with your laptop?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

thethomaszhou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,901
Message 3 of 26

My bluetooth mouse doesn't come with a USB dongle and yes it only happens when I use the mouse with my laptop.

Haven't tried disabling roaming or reduce roaming sensitivity, but i'll try that. My power options are all default except for the adaptive screen brightness setting, which I doubt has anything to do with my wireless adapter.

Kulbir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,885
Message 4 of 26

I have the same problem with Intel N-7260 wireless card in my new Lenovo Ideapad U330 Touch. This is really a big problem for me because I do not have the access to network cabel where I live (onle wifi) and this is not working. I have tried every thing I could find find here and on Lenovo website but noting helps. I need to do one last thing and that is to uninstall Intel PROSet wireless software otherwise I have to send this computer back to the vendor.

thethomaszhou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,832
Message 5 of 26

Nope, hasn't fixed my problem...sigh...I'm starting to give up now...I really don't know what else to do...I hear there are a lot of problems with the Intel Wireless-N 7260

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 33,826
Message 6 of 26

Have you tried the 16.8 drivers? My findings about that driver is that the speed fluctuates a lot but it doesn't disconnect as often as the previous drivers.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
thethomaszhou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,815
Message 7 of 26

I've heard about it, but I don't know where to get them.

Kulbir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,807
Message 8 of 26

I have a work around for this problem. I just bought an usb wifi-dongle and in that way could connect to my wireless router.

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/adapters/dwa-130-wireless-n-usb-adapter

rogger_spy
What's DOS?
Views: 33,487
Message 9 of 26

hey man , same problema here, did you find any solution at all? i am so tired of this, i think i have to send it straight to the provider, no one seems to be able to fix this, so ashamed of Lenovo !
rb08
Paper Tape
Views: 33,245
Message 10 of 26

Re: Flex 14, Wifi Issues

I bought Lenovo Flex 14 last month and from day 1 it is showing issues with its wifi. It gets disconnected from my network automatically and sometimes it does not detect even a single network. While at the same time my other devices connected to the same network functions well.  

I called customer support and they tried to fix the problem by changing performance and roaming related solutions as has also been pointed out in the earlier replies. Even in spite of all these efforts nothing has worked till date. I either have to restart or have to put my laptop in airplane mode for few seconds and than try to connect (A trick which works for me at times !! )

Is there any solution which anyone can suggest ? Is this a hardware problem or a software problem ? Please help !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors