Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigt_132
What's DOS?
Views: 8,214
Message 1 of 6

Flex 14 Headphone Jack/Audio Issue

Hey, I have a flex 14 ideaPad and up until recently everything's been running smoothly audio-wise (when headphones were and were not plugged in), except for randomly a couple of days ago when I plugged headphones into the jack and no sound came through either the headphones or the speakers, although the headphones were detected by the laptop. When I unplugged them sound would come through the speakers again.

I tried again with a different set of headphones but the problem reoccurred which lead me to believe the problem is with the laptop, after searching for solutions online I decided to delete and then reinstall the audio drive (Realtech HD Audio Manager). This fixed the problem for a couple of days but now the same problem has returned. I am confused as to whether this is a hardware/software based problem as when I reinstalled the driver it did solve the problem so it couldn't really be hardware related.

Would anyone know what the problem is? Should I just keep on deleting and reinstalling the driver? Again the headphones are detected by the laptop, they do not appear as their own playback device though (is this always the case?)

Thanks, Tiernan

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,165
Message 2 of 6

Re: Flex 14 Headphone Jack/Audio Issue

The Realtek configuration on the Flex has Windows only show a single, common device for all the audio outputs.

Here's the latest Realtek driver. If the issue persists after, I would recommend a warranty call.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
FatimaB
What's DOS?
Views: 7,702
Message 3 of 6

What exactly do I download? There so many links and versions (US1, US2, US3, etc). Thanks.

ghostrider2
What's DOS?
Views: 4,490
Message 4 of 6

Just bought an Edge 2 today and had this very problem.  Reloading the driver did the trick.  Well done!!!

LindaDee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,602
Message 5 of 6

Thanks a bunch for the link to the Realtek upgraded audio program: it worked! I had thought the plug couldn't seat itself. Where is the kudos button?

sunlightrobert
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,368
Message 6 of 6

I did this uninstall/reinstall two separate times and it never worked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors