Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjasyal
What's DOS?
Views: 15,380
Message 1 of 6

Flex 14: Looking for a stylus that works with this model

Hi All,

I recently purchased Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 and am hoping to use this laptop for online trainings. I use an interactive classroom software for drawing diagrams, etc. Currently I use my finger for drawing, however, I would like to use a stylus. There is no official stylus for this model and I've already purchased two styli that did not work (Belkin and Wiacom bamoo). Strangely, the same styli work flawlessly on tabs and smartphones. 

Does the screen of of Lenovo Flex use some different kind of capacitative touch technology? If yes, could you suggest which stylus would work smoothly with this model?

Thank you!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 15,252
Message 2 of 6

Re: Flex 14: Looking for a stylus that works with this model

As far as I've tested, the Flex 15 is a standard capacitive 10-finger display. There's no reason a run-of-the-mill $10 capacitive stylus wouldn't work.

Capacitive touch uses liquid (in our case, water in our hands) to detect touch. The round bottomed rubbery styluses should work fine.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
mjasyal
What's DOS?
Views: 15,233
Message 3 of 6

Hi XBrav,

Thank you for the response.

Sadly, I've already tried two Styli, Wacom Bamboo and Belkin. Both of them did not work. I think the issue is with the surface area that comes in contact with the screen. If I press the rubber tip a little, more surface area comes in contact with the screen and it works a bit. However, that does not help if you're trying to write on the screen. There seems nothing wrong with the screen either because it works perfectly fine with my finger.

What is a Digital Stylus? Can that be used with the Flex?

Warm Regards.

DBazz
What's DOS?
Views: 15,090
Message 4 of 6

I have a flex15...I imagine I'll have the same issue. I'll let you know what works for me.
ramk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,073
Message 5 of 6

I want to use my laptop as a graphics tablet. So it could be used for graphics desigining softwares like 3d max , photoshop... etc and in Microsoft One note. Is it possible for Lenovo Flex 14 to be used with a stylus. If yes which one shud i buy ????/

Please help me

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

GNankoo
What's DOS?
Views: 12,850
Message 6 of 6

I have the same need and i'm looking for a stylus that works. I tried three so far and no result. I bought this tablet mainly to take notes and its flexibility. If I do not get a solution this baby is going back to Lenovo. Where are they? Can we get a real answer to this?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors