cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrScarface
Paper Tape
Views: 286
Message 1 of 2

Flex 14 - touchscreen, touchpad, fingerprint scanner not working after Windows 10 Vanilla update

Hey guys, two days ago I got the Ideapad Flex 14 and after deleting lots of bloatware and installing a few applications, I found it to be booting very slowly (30 seconds from hibernation) so I decided to install Vanilla Windows 10. Everything worked so far however with the following problem: The Touchpad, the touchscreen, the fingerprint sensor as well as the F11 and F12 hotkeys (dim screen) are not working at all anymore. Also missing are some essential things in the action centre such as the night light option. Also in the settings menu, many things such as Apps are missing.

I don't consider myself an expert but I am really at the end of my wits here.
On the Lenovo webpage under https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/ideapad-flex-14-noteboo... I am shown by the automatic driver update that there are no driver updates required for this machine. Lenovo Vantage shows me the same.
Lots of the drivers on the first page for this laptop are not working when I'm trying to install them, for example, the Touchpad Driver (Elan, Synaptics, ALPS) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Flex 14, Flex 15 gives me the error message "This product is not manufactured by Quanta Computer". This error message comes up by most of the drivers on that website.

Looking at the Device Manager, I was not able to easily identify the drivers for the touchpad and the touchscreen but I found the fingerprint scanner under Biometric Devices. Here it gives me the warning "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" while updating the drivers both via search automatically or browse the computer gives me the message that the driver is up to date. 

I really dont know where the problem lies or how to fix it, I tried to reset the computer via the Novo Menu but both the reset to a earlier stage as well as reset completely both failed for unknown reasons.

What can I do here? I assume its just missing some drivers but if the Lenovo website cannot provide them, im not sure where else to get them. Would reinstalling Windows solve the problems? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 210
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex 14 - touchscreen, touchpad, fingerprint scanner not working after Windows 10 Vanilla update

Hi MrScarface! 

Welcome to the community forums. 

It seems that you uninstalled important preinstalled software to make the computer working properly. It is best to reinstall the original operating system that came with the laptop. See this article: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht035659https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht035659

See if all drivers are working after the reinstallation of Windows. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors