Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 4,038
Message 1 of 14

Flex 14 wont turn on, black screen

Hi,

My Flex 14 suddenly wont turn on, when powered on, the 2 led in front lid up but screen remain black, I know power is on as I can hear the fan and harddrive working but the screen just remain black like it even not turned on

any sugesstion?

Thanks

sharadjadhav
What's DOS?
Views: 3,949
Message 2 of 14

Re: Flex 14 wont turn on, black screen

I am also facing same issue. Please let me know suggestions.

skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 3,914
Message 3 of 14

almost 2 week i still can't turn on my laptop Smiley Sad
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,909
Message 4 of 14

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have either of you tried doing this.....

1. Unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 3,905
Message 5 of 14

hi, did just as you instructed still the same, i even tried the 10x per second press followed by 30 s3cs press (found it on ibm forum) does not do the trick either
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,901
Message 6 of 14

Sorry to hear that didn't work. 

If your system is still under warranty then I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for additional warranty service. 

Lenovo Support - Malaysia

English
1-800-22-0116, 03-7724-8022 (Standard Charges Apply)
Schedule a Callback for faster support
9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday 9:00 - 15:00 Saturday

If warranty isn't an issue and your are comfortable working inside your laptop I would next try doing a complete clearing of the CMOS information which can prevent boot ups if it becomes corrupted or has a conflict.  The clearing is is done by removing the main battery and then removing the back cover from the laptop.  Once the cover is removed you should see the round coin cell CMOS battery that is covered with black plastic and has a black and red wire coming from it.  Follow the wire to where it connects on the motherboard and unplug it.  Then press the power button for 15 seconds to discharge any remaining power on the motherboard which will clear the CMOS information.  Once that is done then plug in the CMOS battery, replace the bottom cover, replace the main battery and try powering up your laptop. 

Here is a link to the Flex 14's Hardware Maintenance Manual that will explain how to remove the bottom cover.  Please follow all precautions and suggestions offfered.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_flex14flex15_hmm.pdf?LinkTrack=Solr&#page=1

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 3,896
Message 7 of 14

no warranty anymore i will try opening up the laptop tomorrow then
skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 3,878
Message 8 of 14

opened up the laptop just now did the cmos clearing and it did not fix the problem :-/ possible mother board problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,869
Message 9 of 14

If the CMOS clearing didn't resolve the problem I would next look at any installed hardware.  If a hardware device failed it will prevent the computer from booting successfully.  Remove or disconnect the hard drive, wireless card, SD card, and remove the memory to see if that will invoke a display response from the computer when plugged in and powered up.  With all the memory removed the computer may beep which is normal with no memory installed.  Then re-install the hardware one device at a time and see if it will attempt to boot up with a display.  Start with the memory.  If you have more than one memory module try each module one at a time and in both memory slots.  If it still attempts to boot then add another piece of hardware.  If the computer returns to the no boot scenario then consider the last item installed as the problem. 

Another thing to consider is that the display has failed and the computer is booting normal.  Have you tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor or TV via an HDMI cable?

skelator
Paper Tape
Views: 3,847
Message 10 of 14

will give that another try, but while I was opening it already did this

1. clear cmos.

2. remove memory

will try to remove hardrive/wlan card later on after work, and yes I did try to hookup the laptop to a TV with HDMI cable nothing show up

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors