Did you mean: 
karma2burn
What's DOS?
Views: 39,789
Message 1 of 13

Flex 15 - 2-Finger Tap (right click) not working Win 8.0

Flex 15 inch, Windows 8.0

I have tried the following procedure posted all over the place:

1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.

2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).

Still doesn't work. I have tried the latest Synaptics drivers for Win8.0 and 8.1 (posted here). Nothing gets the 2 finger tap to right click to work. I have tried the the generic Synaptic driver and it worked but it screwed up scrolling and the mouse pointer was acting strange. Are there other options for drivers?

Please help,

Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Guru
Views: 39,706
Message 2 of 13

Re: 2-Finger Tap (right click) not working Win 8.0

Check your touchpad driver settings by clicking the touchpad icon in the system tray!

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Highlighted
karma2burn
What's DOS?
Views: 39,697
Message 3 of 13

Yes I did that. No effect, still not working.

koikahin
What's DOS?
Views: 39,448
Message 4 of 13

Hi,

As mentioned here: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/two-finger-right-click-does-not...

Do the following:

1. To re-enable two finger tap, press Windows key + R, enter "regedit" then press enter, and on the left pane browse to the following locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

AND 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadSMB2c
(the first location didn't work for me, but the second location did)

2. In the right pane, double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" (Hexadecimal) forright click, or a "4" (Hexadecimal) for middle click

3. Double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. In the right pane, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3.

4. Additionally, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

5. Restart your PC and you can see the changes well enough.
lqdchkn
Punch Card
Views: 39,425
Message 5 of 13

Are you sure it's supposed to work?  I know on my Yoga 2 Pro it's just not designed to right click with 2 finger tap.  There actually has to be a 2 finger press and click on the touchpad to activate a "right click".

koikahin
What's DOS?
Views: 39,421
Message 6 of 13

If two finger press works, that means the touchpad is capable of detecting two fingers. This also very likely (but not necessarily) means that two finger tap can work as well. Give it a shot, what goes...

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 39,403
Message 7 of 13

I can confirm that 2-finger tap does work on the Y2P, it brings up the same menu as a right-mouse-button normally would. I had to make the same changes as noted above. Using the same synaptics driver that came with the laptop.

praveenmanick
What's DOS?
Views: 37,243
Message 8 of 13

i am having alps touch pad and in that two finger tap for right ckick is not working,the solutions given were to the  synaptics touch pad help me to resolve this problem

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 37,240
Message 9 of 13

Guys, the generic synaptic drivers works 100% without registry edits.

It also offers more custimization options.

Shankha
Blue Screen Again
Views: 30,967
Message 10 of 13

you may try this.. How to Enable TwoFingerTap as Right Click in Lenovo Z510 .it workd for me. So, i created a video to help others.Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors