11-20-2013 06:28 PM - last edited on 08-25-2015 08:17 AM by Majestic
Flex 15 inch, Windows 8.0
I have tried the following procedure posted all over the place:
1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.
2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:
HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2
3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.
4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).
Still doesn't work. I have tried the latest Synaptics drivers for Win8.0 and 8.1 (posted here). Nothing gets the 2 finger tap to right click to work. I have tried the the generic Synaptic driver and it worked but it screwed up scrolling and the mouse pointer was acting strange. Are there other options for drivers?
Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity
11-21-2013 12:25 AM
Personal website: ThinkScopes
02-02-2014 08:44 AM
As mentioned here:
Do the following:
1. To re-enable two finger tap, press Windows key + R, enter "regedit" then press enter, and on the left pane browse to the following locations:
(the first location didn't work for me, but the second location did)
2. In the right pane, double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" (Hexadecimal) forright click, or a "4" (Hexadecimal) for middle click.
02-03-2014 09:02 AM
Are you sure it's supposed to work? I know on my Yoga 2 Pro it's just not designed to right click with 2 finger tap. There actually has to be a 2 finger press and click on the touchpad to activate a "right click".
02-03-2014 09:24 AM
If two finger press works, that means the touchpad is capable of detecting two fingers. This also very likely (but not necessarily) means that two finger tap can work as well. Give it a shot, what goes...
02-03-2014 11:38 AM
I can confirm that 2-finger tap does work on the Y2P, it brings up the same menu as a right-mouse-button normally would. I had to make the same changes as noted above. Using the same synaptics driver that came with the laptop.
09-23-2014 07:13 AM
i am having alps touch pad and in that two finger tap for right ckick is not working,the solutions given were to the synaptics touch pad help me to resolve this problem
08-24-2015 11:10 PM
you may try this.. How to Enable TwoFingerTap as Right Click in Lenovo Z510 .it workd for me. So, i created a video to help others.