Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
strata123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,626
Message 1 of 5

Flex 15 fan not working

I just purchased a Refurbished Flex 15 from the Lenovo outlet and it does not appear that the fan is running. I transfered some photos to the HDD and it got extremly hot but the fan never came on. I read in another post that updating the BIOS might help but the driver/support download page for the Flex 15 is not loading.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/ideapad-flex-15-notebook

I get this message:

The document you have requested is not available. You may have entered an incorrect URL or login with authorized credentials (for Lenovo Field Servicers and/or Call Center Agents only) to view the page.

If you would like to request for other information, please submit a feedback by clicking [+] below . Please include the document topic and your valid email address for a response.

Can someone please send me a link to the BIOS update file or instruct me as to how to test the fan.

Thanks,

-Nolan

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,616
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flex 15 fan not working

Good day and welcome to the community.

For now, please see: http://support1.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS037056

I don't see any available BIOS update, though. Do you recall where you read about one for the Flex 15?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

strata123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,612
Message 3 of 5

It wasnt for the Flex 15 but a different model that support suggested a BIOS update to try to get the fan working.

Can a replacement fan be sent to me or do I have to return the laptop?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,609
Message 4 of 5

I've not heard of thermal units (fan / heatsink assembly) being sent out by Service as they are not, in my experience, considered customer replaceable units (CRU). I would recommend that you contact them to discuss your options. I've provided the info below.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.

United States
IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products

English
1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686

24 hours a day 7 days/week

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

strata123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,574
Message 5 of 5

I actually got the fan working for anyone that is interested. There was a faint clicking sound coming from it.(click,click,click...) I turned the laptop on its side(while running) for about 30 secs and the fan started turning. Not sure if something was obstructing it or if dust was the cause but it is working now. I purchased a replacement fan of ebay just in case it stops working again. Fingers crossed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors